This recipe for a juicy bratwurst stewed in beer not only sounds delightful, you will love the rich flavor. Great when served with fried onions.
Bratwurst is a delicious meat. But when you simmer the sausage in beer it even will get tastier. The delicious gravy with beer and onions gives a wonderful accent. Serve with fluffy mashed potatoes, and this dish is complete. In winter delicious to combine with red cabbage.
Serving dinner to a group of men
A few months ago a group of men came to eat at our house. What to serve? The men in my family are true carnivores and sausage, hamburger and steak they love most. So I decided to take that as a starting point. But because I also wanted to give a masculine touch, I baked the bratwurst in beer. I added mashed potato and served a little bit of vegetables and all was done for that evening. The advantage was that everything could be prepared in advance and I just had to warm up the bratwurst. And the men found it delicious and keep talking about it. Yeah man, beer and meat are a great combination.
Bratwurst baked in beer
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 4 bratwurst beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 red onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⅓ cups beer white beer, I used Hoegaarden
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper at taste
- Soak the sausages for 5 minutes in hot water.
- Remove from the water and dry thoroughly.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the oil.
- Fry the onions until they are glazed in about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Fry the sausages on both sides until they are golden brown in color.
- Add the flour and bake for 2 minutes.
- Pour the bottle of Hoegaarden in the pan and also add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.