This recipe for juicy beer brats not only sounds delightful, but you will also love the rich flavor. Great when served with fried onions.
Bratwurst is a delicious meat. But when you simmer the sausage in beer it even will get tastier. The delicious gravy with beer and onions gives a wonderful accent. Serve with fluffy mashed potatoes, and this dish is complete. In winter delicious to combine with red cabbage.
Serving dinner to a group of men
A few months ago a group of men came to eat at our house. What to serve? The men in my family are true carnivores and sausage, hamburger and steak they love most. So I decided to take that as a starting point. But because I also wanted to give a masculine touch, I baked the bratwurst in beer. I added mashed potato and served a little bit of vegetables and all was done for that evening. The advantage was that everything could be prepared in advance and I just had to warm up the bratwurst. And the men found it delicious and keep talking about it. Yeah man, beer and meat are a great combination.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 red onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Soak the sausages for 5 minutes in hot water.
- Remove from the water and dry thoroughly.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the oil.
- Fry the onions until they are glazed in about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Fry the sausages on both sides until they are golden brown in color.
- Add the flour and bake for 2 minutes.
- Pour the bottle of Hoegaarden in the pan and also add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.