This recipe for chicken Pizzaiola gives you tender chicken which delicious simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce with melted cheese.
Do you sometimes feel that you are lived? There are days when it seems like you only ride your car (or bike) everywhere drop off a child, picking them up or help them out. And that's beside your job.
Or you work all day, then go to the gym and in the evening must attend a meeting.
But you also want to put a nice meal with plenty of vegetables on the table. When you have such a day in prospect this dish is a godsend.
You can make most of the preparations on the night before (until the moment you need to put the dish in the oven, because you then place the dish in the refrigerator. When you come home get it out of the refrigerator, preheat the oven and put your the dish in the oven. Within 30 minutes, this meal stands on your table.
- you sprinkle the chicken with flour, that way it will taste great and the chicken bakes crisp and golden brown.
- you see that the cheese in the oven browns to quick, you cover the dish with aluminum foil if neccesary.
- a tip as side dishes: some baked potatoes and a delicious citrus salad
Recipe Chicken Pizzaiola
Did you make this chicken pizzaiola? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 400 grams chicken breast
- olive oil
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 200 mL red wine
- 400 ml passata
- pinch chili pepper grounded
- 2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 75 gram cheese mature cheese, finely sliced
- salt and pepper at taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll them in flour.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken breast until golden brown.
- Take the chicken out with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Fry the onion for 2 minutes in the oil and then add the garlic.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine and let it simmer 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the passata and the pinch of chilli pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat, turn off the heat and stir in the oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the dish.
- Garnish with the cheese slices.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. When the cheese browns to quickly cover the dish with aluminum foil.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- oven dish and roasting pan
- frying pan
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat