This Christmas ice cream bombe goes through three layers of delicious ice cream. The first is a whipped cream ice cream layer, then a creamy chocolate ice layer and finally a stracciatella ice layer. The bottom is made of coffee cookies and the bombe is decorated with pomegranate, cranberries and cocoa.
As promised, now a couple of delicious bake and dessert recipes in a row. To start a Christmas ice cream bombe. Sinfully delicious and very easy to make. And I will be quite honest, this ice cream I bought in the supermarket. Of course you can make it yourself, and later this week I'll post a delicious homemade ice cream recipe, but the bombe has already so many directions that I didn't choose that option. I chose three delicious ice creams in flavors whipped cream, chocolate and stracciatella, but you can of course vary endlessly. And then it needs especially waiting time and a little patience. But patience is rewarded, I promise.
- you want to unload the ice easily, line the glass bowl with plastic wrap.
- you form ice cream into a bombe, you take it out of the freezer about 15 minutes before use.
- the bombe is almost entirely made of ice cream, you take it out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving out of the freezer. Meanwhile sprinkle with cocoa (or other decorations).
Recipe Christmas ice cream bombe
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Christmas ice cream bombe
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
Ice cream bombe
- 1 liter vanilla ice cream
- 1 liter chocolate ice cream
- 500 ml Stracciatella ice cream
- 150 gram coffee cookies
- 70 grams butter unsalted
- cranberries and pomegranate
Ice cream bombe
- Line a glass bowl of 2.5 liter on the inside with plastic wrap.
- Remove the whipped cream ice cream from the freezer and put 15 minutes at room temperature, so it is fairly soft.
- Scoop the ice cream into the bowl and rub it against the sides. Stay away from the top for approximately 1 cm.
- Place the dish in the freezer and let it freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer and let it stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Scoop the chocolate ice cream on top of the whipped cream ice cream layer and spread out well against the sides. In the middle you will have a small bowl with no ice cream.
- Put the dish back in the freezer and wait for two hours.
- Get the stracciatella ice cream from the freezer and let it stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Scoop the ice cream into the bowl and smooth the top.
- Put back in the freezer for another hour.
- Grind the coffee cookies.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the cookies.
- Spoon the cake mixture on top of the ice bombe and put everything at least 1 hour in the freezer.
- Take out of the freezer and put the bomb with the cookies on the bottom on the serving platter. Remove the plastic foil
- Dust the bombe with cocoa and garnish with pomegranate and cranberries.