A recipe for filled eggs: the classic deviled egg. Without fuss, nicely flavored with some herbs and mayonnaise.
Another recipe for deviled eggs, the classic stuffed egg. No fuss, but nicely flavored with some herbs and mayonnaise. It is certainly not difficult to make. Actually, the most important things are that you make the filling creamy and with as few lumps as possible, because that clogs your nozzle and that really gives a mess.
Another tip is to “scare” the eggs after cooking in cold water. That way the skin will come off a bit easier and the white will remain beautifully intact. And use freshly boiled eggs for the stuffed eggs, so the filling stays nice and yellow.
If you want a little more variety, you can also look at the recipes for Italian flavored deviled eggs, deviled eggs without mayonnaise (but with avocado) and Purple deviled eggs.
- Use eggs that are about 10 days old. When they are to fresh, the skin is more difficult to peel.
- After cooking, scare the eggs under cold water. This also ensures that the eggs peels off more easily.
- You prefer to eat deviled eggs as fresh as possible. When you have made them, you'll see that they dry out quickly. If you already want to do some preparations, boil the eggs and make the filling. Put the filling in the piping bag and fold it so it's closed and store in the refrigerator. Place the half egg whites on a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
- If you want to know how to make deviled eggs, you can also watch the instruction video on Youtube or below the recipe.
- Replace the mayonnaise and crème fraîche with ½ avocado for the same creamy effect. To get a nice taste, add ½ teaspoon of mustard powder and salt to taste. If you replace the butter with margarine, this recipe is lactose-free.
- Top the stuffed eggs with chives. This gives an extra flavor
- Replace the crème fraîche and the butter with a total of 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
The price of these budget friendly deviled eggs will then be less than € 0.15 per deviled egg.
- You cannot store deviled eggs, the structure changes and they become less tasty (see the tip above for prep reparation)
Other tips and deviled egg
- How do you cook the perfect hard boiled egg over and over again
- Deviled eggs without mayonnaise (but with avocado)
- Italian flavored deviled eggs
- Purple deviled eggs
It's a good taste!
Recipe classic deviled
Did you make this classic deviled eggs? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
How to make it
Classic deviled eggs
- 6 eggs hard-boiled
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- few drops Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Take out the egg yolk and mash it very finely with a fork.
- Mix with the mayonnaise, crème fraîche and butter.
- Then season with curry powder, Worcestershire sauce and paprika.
- Also add salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a piping bag and put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (so that the butter hardens a bit and the cream stays in shape.
- Pipe the holes in the eggs with the filling.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils