Tasty cod fillets baked in the oven under a roof of potato rösti with shallots. A delicious dish with fish.
Cod fillet, a delicious fish that you can bake crispy with herbs in the frying pan, but what lends itself well, because it’s a firm white fish, for a delicious casserole. And because you also eat a side dish I made a roof of rösti, which becomes crunchy in the oven.
When we eat fish that is usually cod or salmon. Salmon is more pronounced in terms of taste, but I’m lucky that all children (and these days my husband to), appreciate this fish. Cod, however, is neutral in taste and most people do like it. Same goes for us. As mentioned, I bake it, fry it I, it’s delicious when poached or baked in the oven like today. And always the serving platter is empty afterwards.
Rösti, I actually don’t make very often. Not yet that is, because it suited very well with the fish. Crispy and a nice taste a great addition to the delicious fish.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Cod fillet with
Did you make this Cod fillet with rösti? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Cod fillet with rösti
- 4 cod fillets
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml white wine dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 potatoes large
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the broth and wine in a saucepan and place the fillets in it. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the pan and place in the baking dish.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the broth slowly in the pan until you have a nice sauce.
- Spoon the sauce around and over the fish.
- Peel the potatoes and wash them. Grate them coarsely.
- Mix the grated potatoes with the eggs, breadcrumbs, shallot and salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a pan and fry the rösti slightly about 3 minutes.
- Divide the rösti in 4 portions and place it on top of the cod fillet and put the dish in the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in de oven.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.