Crisp endive stirred through a delicious bowl of mashed potatoes. Which is then flavored with bacon and garlic butter and cream cheese which makes this creamy endive stew very flavorful.
Stews are part of the winter. And we eat them here regularly. But you want to vary now and then. Otherwise, the winter will be very boring. Endive stew is one of the most famous hotchpots. Serve with a meatball and a little vinegar.
That's the way we ate it when I was young. Though sometimes people frown when I add a splash of vinegar. But then again, everyone has their own habits, right?
I think endive doesn't have a pronounced flavor. Would you don't add anything, then the endive is wonderfully crisp and boring. That's why this endive stew is very different. Creamy texture and a great taste with the bacon and cream cheese, but also ... the garlic butter. For the garlic in the butter gives a wonderful flavor to the stew. Thus, he is just a little more pronounced flavor. And definitely not boring.
Creamy endive stew
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1200 grams potatoes floury
- 650 grams endive sliced
- 150 gram bacon
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons garlic butter
- Peel the potatoes and cook them in a layer of water in about 20 minutes.
- Wash the endive in the meantime and drain well.
- Fry the bacon in a dry pan until crisp.
- Drain the potatoes and add the cream cheese and herb butter to the pan.
- With the masher puree the potatoes.
- Mix quickly the endive and bacon through.
- Serve immediately.