Cookies, always delicious. So once the kids get home from school we have a biscuit and a cup of tea. For them, they need not have too many additions. These cookies exactly meet their needs: easy to bake cookies. And they are easy to make. Hereby the recipe.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Easy to bake cookies
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 200 grams self-rising flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg size L, beaten
- 225 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams butter unsalted + 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- In a bowl mix the self-rising flour and salt.
- In a second bowl mix the butter until it is fluffy.
- Then you add, spoon by spoon, sugar to the second bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, mix until it's incorporated and put the dish in the fridge so the dough becomes firmer (and less sticky).
- After about fifteen minutes, the dough is solid enough to form a roll with a 2 inch (5 cm) diameter.
- Sprinkle the cane sugar over the surface and roll the dough through it. The ends need not be sweetened.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- By the end of the rest period, preheat your oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Butter a baking sheet with the melted butter.
- Cut the roll of dough into slices of about 5 mm.
- Lay the slices about 4 inches (10 cm) apart on the baking sheet. If you have leftovers, put them in the fridge, so it becomes not too soft.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 13 minutes until the edges are a bit brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before you take them from the baking sheet and continue to cool the cookies on a rack (so they harden a bit before the transfer).
- If you still have some dough left, grease your baking sheet again and repeat the steps as described above.