Cookies, always delicious. So once the kids get home from school we have a biscuit and a cup of tea. For them, they need not have too many additions. These cookies exactly meet their needs: easy to bake cookies. And they are easy to make. Hereby the recipe.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to looking it up. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Easy to bake cookies
- 200 grams self-rising flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg size L, beaten
- 225 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams butter unsalted + 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- In a bowl mix the self-rising flour and salt.
- In a second bowl mix the butter until it is fluffy.
- Then you add, spoon by spoon, sugar to the second bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, mix until it's incorporated and put the dish in the fridge so the dough becomes firmer (and less sticky).
- After about fifteen minutes, the dough is solid enough to form a roll with a 2 inch (5 cm) diameter.
- Sprinkle the cane sugar over the surface and roll the dough through it. The ends need not be sweetened.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- By the end of the rest period, preheat your oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Butter a baking sheet with the melted butter.
- Cut the roll of dough into slices of about 5 mm.
- Lay the slices about 4 inches (10 cm) apart on the baking sheet. If you have leftovers, put them in the fridge, so it becomes not too soft.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 13 minutes until the edges are a bit brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before you take them from the baking sheet and continue to cool the cookies on a rack (so they harden a bit before the transfer).
- If you still have some dough left, grease your baking sheet again and repeat the steps as described above.