These crispy chicken from the oven dipped in a delicious honey garlic sauce. What a delicious recipe! Serve with white rice and a salad.
A nice quick recipe where you will bake the chicken in the oven and in the meantime prepare the rice and make the sauce. In that time you also can prepare a very tasty salad as a side dish. A recipe that is on the table within 20 minutes. Pretty easy on busy week days where you already have enough to do.
Let me also quickly proceed with the recipe:
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Honey garlic chicken
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 70 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 60 ml honey
- 80 ml water
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Dip the chicken first through the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the honey, half of the water, soy sauce and chili sauce.
- Bring to the boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining water.
- Pour into the saucepan and continue stirring while you bring the sauce to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce just before serving over the chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and a salad.