These crispy chicken from the oven dipped in a delicious honey garlic sauce. What a delicious recipe! Serve with white rice and a salad.
A nice quick recipe where you will bake the chicken in the oven and in the meantime prepare the rice and make the sauce. In that time you also can prepare a very tasty salad as a side dish. A recipe that is on the table within 20 minutes. Pretty easy on busy week days where you already have enough to do.
Let me also quickly proceed with the recipe:
Honey garlic chicken
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 70 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 60 ml honey
- 80 ml water
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Dip the chicken first through the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the honey, half of the water, soy sauce and chili sauce.
- Bring to the boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining water.
- Pour into the saucepan and continue stirring while you bring the sauce to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce just before serving over the chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and a salad.