Chicken Quiche with Leek and Rice is a delicious evening meal you can prepare in advance. The creamy leeks, salty chicken, and rice are nicely seasoned and packaged in a puff pastry pie tin. A recipe to enjoy and super fun to serve at dinner.
Chicken Quiche with Leek and Rice
You can prepare this leek rice cake with smoked chicken savory tart a day in advance. You keep it in the fridge until you bake it. So you need little time on the day itself to make your food; all you have to do is slide the dish into the oven. And afterward, you only have to wash the form. That's fine!
This puff pastry chicken with leek pie is very budget-friendly. And do you have leftovers from dinner? Then eat it for lunch the next day. Highly recommended!
And are you looking for other tasty quiches? The vegetarian Leek Goat cheese quiche is highly recommended, as are the bolognese quiches and the autumn quiche with sweet potato. Or check out the Quiche recipes page for more inspiration.
What do you need for Chicken Tart with Leeks and Sour Cream?
To prepare this Chicken Quiche with Leek and Rice, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog.
- Rice - Use regular white rice or basmati rice for this recipe. Basmati rice is a bit fluffier, but white rice also works well.
- Bacon - Gives a salty taste to this Savory pie. It is best to use bacon bits.
- Smoked Chicken - Chicken breast which has been salted and smoked in a smoker oven. The chicken is already cooked. When pregnant women, babies, and people in poor health attend dinner, it is better not to eat smoked chicken. Then replace it with chicken you have poached in stock until done.
- White wine - Use a dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. The alcohol evaporates by baking the savory pie. If you prefer not to use wine, replace it with ½ cup (100) ml stock.
- Leek - This vegetable has a sweet and mild taste. Slice the leek very thinly.
- Puff pastry - The easiest is a roll of puff pastry from the supermarket's refrigerator, about 16 x 10 inches (40 x 24 cm). Of course, you can also make this recipe with loose sheets of puff pastry. Then place the slices next to each other and press the sides closed. Next, roll the dough with a rolling pin, so it is evenly thick all over (about 5 mm thick).
- Sour cream - This is a thick, slightly acidified cream. It gives a full taste.
- Eggs - To bind the quiche.
How to prepare Chicken and Leek Quiche with Rice
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Clean the leek and cut it into thin rings. Fry bacon in a skillet for 3 minutes, then add the leek. Fry it for another three minutes while stirring.
- Line the spring form with puff pastry. Mix the leek-bacon, smoked chicken, sour cream, wine, and eggs in a bowl and then combine it with the rice. Fill the puff pastry mold with rice.
- Fold the edges over the filling.
- Bake the quiche in a preheated oven at 400 °F (200 °C) for 35 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
Serve the savory pie with smoked chicken and leeks with a delicious Waldorf salad.
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Make it easy on yourself and use a roll of puff pastry. Don't have it? Then you can use puff pastry sheets and let the pieces overlap slightly. Then press the seams well.
- Add mushrooms.
- Prefer no meat? Omit the smoked chicken and bacon strips and replace them with additional vegetables, such as bell peppers, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- You can also replace smoked chicken with diced ham. This makes it even more budget-friendly.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Chicken Quiche with Leek and Rice
- Quiche spring form 9.5 inch diameter
- 3 oz. bacon bits
- 1 sheet puff pastry 16 x 10 inches (40 x 24 cm)
- 5 oz. smoked chicken cut into strips
- ⅔ cups sour cream
- 2 eggs size L
- salt pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F or 350 °F (if you bake the casserole at a later time, you can postpone this for a while).
- Put a frying pan on the stove and put the bacon bits in it. Fry over low heat until the bacon strips are crispy.3 oz. bacon bits
- Add the leek after 3 minutes and fry it for 3 minutes; keep stirring.2 leeks
- Line the spring form with puff pastry.1 sheet puff pastry
- In a bowl, mix the leek mixture with chicken strips, sour cream, wine, and eggs.5 oz. smoked chicken, ⅔ cups sour cream, ½ cup white wine, 2 eggs
- Mix that with the rice.⅔ cups white rice
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmegsalt
- Fill the puff pastry shape with rice.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Prepare in advance - Make the quiche, cover, and refrigerate. This can be done up to 2 days in advance.
- Refrigerator - Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. The flavors will become even better.
- Freezer - Wrap the quiche in two layers of aluminum foil or one layer and then in a freezer box. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Tip - Leftover quiche is delicious for lunch (warm or cold).
Leave a Reply