Creamy leeks, salty chicken and rice nicely seasoned and packed in a puff pastry pie dish. A recipe to enjoy with dinner.
You can prepare this leek rice cake with chicken strips casserole a day in advance. You keep it in the refrigerator until you actually bake it. This way you don't need much time on the day to make your food, you just have to slide the dish into the oven. And afterwards you only have to wash the mold. Fine anyway.
It's a good taste!
Recipe leek rice quiche with smoked
Did you make this leek rice quiche with smoked chicken? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Leek rice quiche with smoked chicken
- 150 grams rice
- 2 leeks
- 75 grams bacon strips
- 7 sheets puff pastry
- 125 grams smoked chicken cut into strips
- 150 grams crème fraîche
- 1 dl white wine
- 2 eggs size L
- salt pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (if you bake the casserole at a later time, you can postpone this for a while).
- Clean the leeks and cut into thin rings.
- Put a frying pan on the stove and put the bacon strips in it. Fry over low heat until the bacon strips are crispy.
- Add the leek after 3 minutes and fry it for 3 minutes, keep stirring.
- Line the spring form with puff pastry. Press the seams tightly.
- In a bowl, mix the leek mixture with chicken strips, crème fraîche, wine and eggs.
- Mix that with the rice.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Fill the puff pastry shape with rice.
- Bake in 35 minutes.