A delicious leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts. The leek gives a delicious sweetness and the walnuts keep it nice and crunchy. A drip of honey gives a nice sweetness. A recipe that is really recommended.
Cold, chilly winter weather. That is certainly the weather forecast. In any case it's stormy weather. And in that weather I put a delicious quiche on the table.
With leeks, a vegetable that I find truly undervalued. So often it is used as padding in the nasi or a stew. But the sweetness of leeks is something I really can appreciate. One of my favorite vegetables. And therefore leek will be getting the lead role in this quiche. Nice right?!?
The ingredients for this leek quiche
The following ingredients are needed for this delicious quiche:
How do you prepare this vegetarian quiche?
A printable recipe, in easy steps, can be found on the bottom of this blog.
Step 1: Brush a quiche form with oil (or butter) and preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). Cover a quiche form of 10.5 inches (26 cm) with puff pastry. To make sure the air can get out underneath the bottom you prick some holes with a fork in the bottom.
Step 2: Fill the quiche: spread the sliced leek, sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and goat cheese on the bottom of the quiche. Drip 2 tablespoons of honey on top.
Step 3: Put the eggs and crème fraîche in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour that in the quiche form and spread the filling.
Step 4: Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the quiche and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
💭 Top tips
- Prick holes in the bottom of the quiche so the air can escape. Otherwise the bottom will rise and the filling can get out.
- Put the crème fraîche 15 minutes before use at room temperature. It will be easier to whisk it.
- Check the quiche after 15 minutes baking in the oven. If it gets to brown, cover it with aluminium foil and then bake further for the remaining time.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterest so you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Recipe Leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 30 grams walnuts
- 1 leek
- 3 eggs size L
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 50 grams goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 grams cheese grated
- Wash the leek and cut in small slices. Also cut the sun-dried tomatoes in small cubes.
- Roast the walnuts in a dry frying pan until the smell nutty (about 2 minutes). Chop them fine.
- Grease the quiche tin and preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius.)
Leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts
- Line the tin with the puff pastry.
- Prick with a fork holes in the bottom.
- Spread the leek on the bottom of the quiche.
- Distribute the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the leek slices.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the leeks.
- Spread the walnuts over the cheese.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons honey over the quiche.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with crème fraiche good release.
- Pour the egg mixture over the leek mixture and spread it all over the quiche
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Slide the quiche in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.