A leek quiche that is filled with goat cheese, honey and walnut. A delicious sweet and yet nice and crunchy quiche. A recipe that is one of my favorites.
Cold, chilly winter weather. That is certainly the weather forecast. In any case it's stormy weather. And in that weather I put a delicious quiche on the table.
With leeks, a vegetable that I find truly undervalued. So often it is used as padding in the nasi or a stew. But the sweetness of leeks is something I really can appreciate. One of my favorite vegetables. And therefore leek will be getting the lead role in this quiche. Nice right?!?
- Prick holes in the bottom of the quiche so the air can escape. Otherwise the bottom will rise and the filling can get out.
- Put the crème fraîche 15 minutes before use at room temperature. It will be easier to whisk it.
- Check the quiche after 15 minutes baking in the oven. If it gets to brown, cover it with aluminium foil and then bake further for the remaining time.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Leek quiche with goat cheese and
Did you make this leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Recipe Leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- quiche form
- frying pan
- 6 slices puff pastry
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 30 grams walnuts
- 1 leek
- 3 eggs size L
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 50 grams goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 grams cheese grated
- Grease the quiche tin and preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line the tin with the puff pastry.
- Prick with a fork holes in the bottom.
- Slice the leek into thin rings and spread onto the bottom.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small cubes and distribute over the leeks.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the leeks.
- Toast the walnuts lightly in the pan (about 2 minutes until nutty scents). Roughly chop and spread over the cheese.
- Pour honey over the goat cheese and walnuts.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with crème fraiche good release. Pour over the leek mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Slide the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche about 25 minutes until done.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.