A delicious leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts. The leeks give a delightful sweetness, and the walnuts make every bite nice and crunchy. The creamy filling and the soft goat cheese make this the ultimate combination. This is an easy recipe that is highly recommended! And do you have a busy day? Make the quiche in the morning or the night before. Then all you have to do is bake it in the oven.
Leek Quiche with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Cold, chilly winter weather. At least that's the weather forecast. In any case, the weather is stormy. So for today, I put a delicious quiche on the table.
With leeks, a vegetable that I think is undervalued. A vegetable is often used as a filling in fried rice or stew. But because of the sweetness, it is one of the tastiest vegetables. And that is why the leek gets the leading role in this quiche. Is not it nice?!?
Leek is an easy vegetable that combines well. It tastes excellent with goat cheese, honey, and walnuts. This quiche combines it all. Delicious vegetarian and you don't miss the meat. Try it yourself soon!
What do you need for this Leek, Honey, and Goat Cheese Quiche?
To prepare this Leek Quiche with Goat Cheese and Walnuts, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Puff Pastry - Easy to use as a savory pie crust. You can use fresh puff pastry, which has the advantage of being more extensive, and you do not have to join the slices. Or take frozen puff pastry. That works fine too.
- Sun-dried tomatoes - They are slightly sweet and fleshy. Cut them into strips, which are the tastiest to eat, and you can divide them better.
- Walnuts - Give a nutty flavor and bite to the quiche.
- Leek - Baking in the oven makes the leek soft and deliciously sweet. But, of course, you don't want grains of sand. If you use this method, the leek will be cleaned quickly.
- Eggs - The eggs make the filling creamy and set. Use three eggs size L or four eggs size M.
- Sour cream - The cream makes the filling extra creamy.
- Honey - Gives a very light sweetness to this quiche.
- Goat's cheese - Use soft goat's cheese, which you can spread evenly over the savory pie. You can also replace the goat cheese with a piece of delicious blue cheese.
- Matured cheese - For gratinating the quiche. Grate the cheese and spread it over the top. Let it turn golden brown and crisp in the oven.
How to prepare this Leek and Goat Cheese Tart
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Line a 10-inch (26 cm) quiche tin with puff pastry. To let the air escape, poke holes in the bottom with a fork.
- Fill the quiche: divide the finely chopped leek, sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, and goat's cheese over the bottom. Then, pour two tablespoons of honey over it.
- Place the eggs and sour cream in a bowl and beat well.
- Pour this into the quiche tin and spread it evenly over the filling.
- Sprinkle the quiche with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 430 °F (220 °C).
- You poke holes in the bottom so that the air can escape. Otherwise, the base will rise.
- Remove the sour cream from the refrigerator 15 minutes before use. In that case, it mixes better.
- Check the quiche after 15 minutes in the oven. Is it getting too brown? Cover the quiche with aluminum foil and continue baking.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Leek Quiche with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- Quiche spring form 9.5 inch diameter
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 1 leek small slices
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes cut in small cubes
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese
- 1 oz. walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs size L
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 oz. cheese grated
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Leek quiche with goat cheese and walnuts
- Roast the walnuts in a dry frying pan until the smell nutty (about 2 minutes). Chop them fine.
- Grease the quiche with vegetable oil and preheat the oven to 400 °F or 370 °F.
- Line the tin with the puff pastry.6 sheets puff pastry
- Prick with a fork holes in the bottom.
- Spread the leek on the bottom of the quiche.1 leek
- Distribute the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the leek slices.6 sun-dried tomatoes
- Crumble the goat cheese over the leeks.2 oz. soft goat cheese
- Spread the walnuts over the cheese.1 oz. walnuts
- Pour the two tablespoons of honey over the quiche.2 tablespoons honey
- Mix the eggs with sour cream, salt, and pepper in a bowl for a good release.3 eggs, 2 tablespoons sour cream, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Pour the egg mixture over the leek mixture and spread it over the quiche.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.2 oz. cheese
- Slide the quiche into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
You poke holes in the bottom with a fork so the air can escape. Otherwise, the base will rise. 2. Sour cream - Remove the sour cream from the refrigerator 15 minutes before use. In that case, he mixes better. 3. Oven -
Check the quiche after 15 minutes in the oven. Is it getting too brown? Cover the quiche with aluminum foil and continue baking. When you use a conventional oven, set the temperature to 400 °F (220 °C). In a convection oven, 370 °F (200 °C) is sufficient. 4. Storage
- Refrigerator - Cover with foil and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer - Wrap the quiche in two layers of aluminum foil or one layer and then in a freezer box. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Cover the top with aluminum foil and bake the quiche for 20 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C). You can also reheat it straight from the freezer. Then extend the baking time by 10 minutes.