Today, I'm taking you on a culinary journey to Mexico with my Mexican nacho dish with ground beef. The delicious flavors of this recipe, a combination of savory, light spice, and crunchy, make this a party. This casserole is perfect for an easy meal everyone (especially the kids) will love!
Nacho Casserole with Ground Beef
Today, a delicious Mexican casserole. Not with bell peppers. No, when I call bell pepper, three kids run away very quickly and only come back after dinner. It's a hereditary family trait because I'm also not fond of it.
No, we have adapted this casserole to the vegetables that we like. Then, season everything with a homemade taco seasoning mix. Cover with sour cream, nacho chips, and grated cheese. Bake in the oven and serve. The dish was empty. Nada, nope, there was nothing left!
Beef Nacho Bake Recipe
Mexican cuisine is known for its rich flavors and spicy dishes, and this casserole is no exception.
The minced meat is deliciously seasoned, and the crispy nacho chips, over which the cheese has been melted, provide a golden brown layer. The vegetables that you fry with the minced meat and therefore absorb all those delicious flavors ensure that this casserole also contains enough vegetables.
It is a delicious dish that both adults and children enjoy. Enjoy the delicious flavors of this delightful Mexican nacho casserole. Enjoy your meal!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Beef Nacho Casserole
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1.1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion sliced fine
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cups peas
- 1½ cup white cabbage sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 7 oz. tortilla chips
- 1 cup grated cheese Gouda or Cheddar
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 430 °F or 390 °F
- Mix the spices and sugar and mix with the ground beef.1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1.1 pound ground beef
- Fruit the onion in a little oil in a skillet for about 5 minutes on low heat.1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 onion
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute.2 cloves garlic
- Add the beef and fry the ground beef. When the meat is brown, add the vegetables (tomatoes, peas, and cabbage) and stir-fry for 4 minutes.3 cups diced tomatoes, ⅔ cups peas, 1½ cup white cabbage
- Put this mixture in an oven dish.
- Spread the sour cream over the meat.½ cup sour cream
- Lay the tortilla chips on top.7 oz. tortilla chips
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.1 cup grated cheese
- Slide the tray into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a nice salad.
- Replace the ground beef with half ground pork and half ground beef. You can also replace it with minced chicken.
- Replace the cabbage with corn or beans.
- If you want to prepare this recipe the night before, that is fine. Then prepare to step 7 (the sour cream on the ground beef) and cover and place in the refrigerator. The next day, spread the chips and cheese on top of the dish and put it in the oven.
- You can store the ground beef mixture for up to 2 days in the refrigerator (in an airtight container) or for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- Once you have added the nacho chips, you can no longer store the casserole and eat it immediately.