This recipe for Mexican nacho casserole gives a delicious creamy sauce with vegetables and ground beef topped with crunchy nacho chips. Super Simple and easy.
Today a delicious Mexican nacho casserole. Not with paprika. No, if I call paprika my three kids run very hard away and they only come back after dinner. A sort of hereditary family tock I guess, because we as parents aren’t fond of it either. No, this dish I’ve adapted to the vegetables that we like. Then I flavored it with a homemade taco seasoning. And topped it with sour cream, nacho chips and grated cheese. Then in the oven and on the table and then the dish was empty. Nada, zilch, nothing more!
- If you want to make this recipe the night before, that is a great idea. Prepare the recipe until step 8 (add the crème fraîche) cover with plastic foil and refrigerate. The day after spread the nachos and cheese on top of the casserole and bake in the oven.
- If you want to make a budget friendly recipe, use half minced beef, half minced pork and peas from the freezer.
- You can substitute the veggies with mais and beans.
- The minced beef can be substituted by minced chicken breast.
- add 250 grams of corn for an extra bite.
- The minced beef can be stored up to 2 days on the refrigerator (in an airtight box) or up to 2 months in a freezer. When you have added the nacho chips you can’t store it any more and you have to eat everything right away.
Other delicious casserole
- Roasted vegetable casserole
- Macaroni casserole with mascarpone tomato sauce
- Endive potato casserole with minced meat
- Chicken broccoli casserole
It’s a good taste!
Recipe: Mexican nacho
Mexican nacho casserole
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 400 grams diced tomatoes
- 100 grams peas
- 100 grams cabbage sliced
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 200 grams tortilla chips
- 100 grams cheese matured grated
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Mix the spices and sugar together and mix with the ground beef.
- Fruit the onion in a little oil in a frying pan for about 5 minutes on low heat .
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beef and fry the minced beef. When the meat is brown, add the vegetables (tomatoes, peas and cabbagand stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Put this mixture in a oven dish.
- Spread the creme fraiche over the meat.
- Lay the tortilla chips on top.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Slide the tray into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a nice salad.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.