How to make an Orange cocktail - A delicious cocktail with only THREE ingredients that you can make to celebrate Dutch King's Day. One of the easiest cocktails in the world. Nice and fresh in taste and it also looks superb!
Today we celebrate King's Day in the Netherlands! Nice weather, a great party and that includes a drink! Today an Orange cocktail.
We make this delicious cocktail with fresh oranges, elderflower syrup and Prosecco. And in the base it's a variant on the Hugo cocktail. The orange makes it wonderfully fresh and gives it that beautiful orange color that belongs to King's Day.
Let's toast to King's Day with this delicious Orange cocktail!
- Oranges - In Dutch we also call them Apples of Orange. Being the apples as a real Dutch fruit and Orange the name of our Royal family. Freezing the juice eliminates the need to add extra ice to your cocktail to keep it cold. You can also replace the oranges with tangerines.
- Elderflower syrup - A sweet syrup of elderflower and sugar. And if you've got elderflower in your garden, you can also make this syrup yourself.
- Prosecco - An Italian dry sparkling white wine. It has a fruity and fresh taste. You can also replace it with Cava or Champagne.
Step 1 - Cut the oranges in half and juice them. Remove any seeds.
Step 2 - Pour the juice into a freezer box and put that in the freezer. Stir the juice every half hour with a fork. This keeps it loose and prevents it from getting large (unmanageable) lumps.
Step 3 - Put a tablespoon of elderflower syrup at the bottom of the glass. Scoop some of the orange ice on top.
Step 4 - Fill the glass with the Prosecco. Decorate with slices of oranges and mint (optional).
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 3 oranges
- 6 tablespoons elderflower syrup
- 2 cups sparkling wine like Prosecco
- Juice the oranges.
- Put the orange juice in a freezer box and put the box in the freezer.
- Stir every half hour with a fork until the juice is frozen. Pour in each glass a tablespoon of elderflower syrup.
- Spoon in some orange ice.
- Add the sparkling wine to the glass.