This Sparkling Orange and Elderflower Cocktail is perfect for celebrating any occasion, like New Year's Eve or Dutch King's Day, bursting with citrus, floral flavors. With bubbly orange and Elderflower liqueur for a subtle sweetness, it's a refreshing and enjoyable party drink that's sure to be a hit. So get ready for an unforgettable taste experience!
Sparkling Orange and Elderflower Cocktail
If you need a refreshing, sparkling drink to take your night up a notch, then this Sparkling Orange and Elderflower Cocktail is the perfect thing for you! Fruity, bubbly, and flavorful, this cocktail will make your evening a luxurious and delightful one. You won't be able to get enough, so why wait?
This drink is the perfect choice for a summer evening, sipping at the pool, or a Summer party. But it's great for New Year's Eve or Dutch King's Day. Its refreshing combination of sparkling orange juice, elderflower cordial, and Prosecco makes it the perfect balance of sweet, tart, and refreshing. It's a great way to enjoy a warm evening outdoors with friends, and it's certain to become a favorite. So, why not give it a try?
King's Day in the Netherlands
Today we celebrate King's Day in the Netherlands! Nice weather, a great party, and that includes a drink! Today an Orange cocktail.
We make this delicious cocktail with fresh oranges, elderflower syrup and Prosecco. And in the base it's a variant on the Hugo cocktail. The orange makes it wonderfully fresh and gives it that beautiful orange color that belongs to King's Day.
Let's toast to King's Day with this delicious Orange cocktail!
What do you need for Elderflower and Orange Cocktail?
- Oranges - In Dutch we also call them Apples of Orange. Being the apples as a real Dutch fruit and Orange, the name of our Royal family. Freezing the juice eliminates the need to add extra ice to your cocktail to keep it cold. You can substitute oranges with the juice of six tangerines.
- Elderflower syrup - Fresh, fruity, and floral flavors. With a hint of pear and lycée. This syrup is sweet and a great combination of citrus and wine, it's made of elderflower and sugar. And if you've got elderflower in your garden, you can also make this syrup yourself.
- Prosecco - An Italian dry sparkling white wine. It has a fruity and fresh taste. You can also replace it with Cava, sparkling wine or Champagne.
How to prepare Orange Juice and Elderflower Cocktail
You can find a printable recipe with a detailed description at the bottom of this blog.
- Juice the oranges and put the juice in a freezer box. Put the box in the freezer and stir every 30 minutes with a fork to get orange crystals (for about 3 hours).
- Pour elderflower syrup into the glass
- Add some orange sorbet.
- Fill the glass with Prosecco.
Garnish the glass with orange slices and mint leaves.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- Freezer box
- 3 oranges
- 6 tablespoons elderflower syrup
- 2 cups Prosecco wine
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Juice the oranges.3 oranges
- Put the orange juice in a freezer box and put the box in the freezer.
- Stir every half hour with a fork until the juice is frozen.
- Pour in each glass a tablespoon of elderflower syrup.6 tablespoons elderflower syrup
- Spoon in some orange ice.
- Add the Prosecco to the glass.2 cups Prosecco wine
- Oranges -You can substitute oranges with the juice of six tangerines.
- Prosecco - An alternative to Prosecco is Cava, dry sparkling wine, or Champagne (even more festive).
- You can keep the orange ice in the freezer box in the freezer for up to one week.
- When you made your cocktail, drink it as soon as possible, before it gets too warm.