Oriental style chicken soup. A warming and refreshing soup in a single bowl. It's a fast and easy recipe and ready within 25 minutes.
When the weather gets hot, a cooling soup is delicious. This oriental style chicken soup is spicy and refreshing at the same time. A recipe that's made quick and easy. That's nice, because you can enjoy the warm weather outside on the porch if you want.
You can make this soup as spicy as your taste buds can handle, by adding additional red pepper. When you've got children, I advise to use 1/4 to 1/2 red pepper with the seeds removed. For adults 1/2 to 1 pepper, deseeded and if you like the real hot stuff add the whole pepper, including the seeds (but you are warned).
Oriental style chicken
Oriental style chicken soup
- Soup pan
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 chicken breast
- 75 grams Mungo vermicelli
- ¼ - 1 red pepper see recommendation above recipe, finely chopped
- ½ lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the chicken stock with coconut milk, fish sauce and ginger in a saucepan until it boils.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and add to the soup.
- After 15 minutes simmering break the Mungo noodles over the soup and mix the pepper into the soup.
- Allow to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon over the soup and bring the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.