Noodle soup, an easy to prepare vegetarian soup with lots of flavor. It's ready in just 20 minutes. An old fashioned yet still very tasty soup.
Vacation, finally arrived in the South of the Netherlands, and therefor also my blog will go along with that. Until the end of August I post two blog posts per week. In order to also take part in the holiday spirit 🙂 (and to build a supply of new recipes, which you can enjoy from September again)
When I was young, I used to go to my granny on Sunday every week. All of my family members packed in a tight senior appartment and occasionally my family from Geldrop (about 1 hour drive) came over and thengranny made a pan of soup for all of us. noodle soup or vegetable soup (also with lots of noodles).
First you ate the stock and then you got moist meat and vermicelli in your bowl to which you added a dollop of mustard. The hot mustard combined with the meat was such a delicacy. I still can rejoy that feeling.
My granny made a version with meat. Which you make with a delicious beef broth some meat and supplemented by hand-rolled meatballs. Today I opt for a vegetarian variety. Because it's summer and I want to get my soup ready in just 20 minutes, so it won't get that hot in the kitchen with the warm weather.
- you'd just want to taste granny's version of the soup, put the broth with 300 grams of beef poulet (add the beef to cold water otherwise the poulet will be tough).. Also roll 250 grams minced beef or half and half in small balls and add those 15 minutes before serving (with the vermicelli) to the soup.
- your noodles are great when they are al dente, you add them 15 minutes before serving. Reheating this soup is not a great idea, so make just enough for lunch.
- In my herb garden I grow chervil, parsley and chives I've added those as seasoning, but thyme and basil strips are also highly recommended.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Noodle soup with
Did you make this noodle soup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Noodle soup with herbs
- 40 grams noodle
- 1250 ml vegetable broth
- 1 piece mace
- 1 bay leaf
- 40 grams butter
- 40 grams flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 grams fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, chives
- Heat the broth until it's just beyond cooking.
- Break the noodles into small pieces and sprinkle in the stock.
- Put the bay leaf and a piece of mace in the soup and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a second pan and, when it is melted, stir in the flour at once.
- Fry the roux for 2 minutes so the flour bakes (else you will taste it).
- Add the roux to the soup, while you continue stirring.
- Chop the fresh herbs finely. Sprinkle in the soup.
- Serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.