Now the vacation is over and we're open in business again. The weather is great here in Holland. A lot of people are still enjoying vacation and so for the next couple of weeks, we're going to blog a few vacation recipes. They are easy to make, delicious, and don't need a lot of utilities.
We start with a light salad: a melon salad. Ideal for lunch (and we enjoyed it very much).
- in this salad, you will use Mozzarella. The most delicious (and the only Mozzarella) is made from milk produced by buffalo from Napels. When you can get this cheese, you will get the best flavor.
- Mozzarella is best eaten at room temperature. So make sure whenever you use this cheese to warm it up slightly before using.
- Mozzarella can only be stored in whey or brine. When it's open, you have to use it.
- How do you know your melon is at it's best? Very simple use your nose. When a melon is ripe it will smell very sweet. If a melon won't smell sweet, you better not eat it yet and leave it in your fruit basket for a few more days to ripen.
- If you make this salad when you're on holiday (tip!!!) use ham from the region you are in. If you don't have a preference: Parma ham is always a good choice.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Salad with melon, ham and Mozzarella
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 200 grams Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra vierge
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 100 grams Parma ham
- 10 grams basil fresh leaves
- Cut the flesh of the melon in small triangles of about 1 inch (2 cm).
- Cut the Mozzarella in the same size or break it in pieces (that's allowed with Mozzarella)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil on top and mix everything very well.
- Cut the basil leaves and mix them through the salad.
- Put the salad on a plate.
- Around the salad put a circle of Parma ham.