Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Kabobs, kebab, or kebob. It doesn't matter what you call these skewers; this is a really delicious recipe. Very easy to make with only 5 ingredients. With a delightful garlic lemon marinade. Fast and always a delicious result!
Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
For me, a shrimp kabob is one of the tastiest skewers on the barbecue. Very light and has lots of flavors. Marinated in garlic oil, it's an easy and flavorful marinade. Garlic and lemon with shrimp is a match made in heaven.
When we go to Spain in the summer holidays, I always eat mountains of shrimp. The scampi are there fresh in large containers in the supermarket and are scooped out for you. I wish we had that in the supermarket in the Netherlands too. I love to wander around there.
And do you also like shrimp? These grilled shrimps with satay sauce, and shrimp pili pili are delicious.
Confessed My Addiction
I am no longer allowed to go to the supermarket with my husband in other countries all the time. I'll be fine with shopping for an hour because I investigate all jars to see if there is still a food treasure to be found. And my husband and kids think it's excessive if we only have to replenish the water supply.
It is such a treasure for me to walk around in a supermarket in another country. Or at a local market. So much fresh food, with so much flavor. And what also strikes me is that they are ahead of the Dutch supermarket regarding salt. When Himalayan salt was yet to be invented here, it had been on the shelves for several years (even in our camping shop).
So I can't wait to go on holiday again and revisit the supermarket 😉
In any case, these skewers are quick and simple to prepare and are always a success. And now to the recipe!
What do you need for Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers?
To prepare this Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Kabobs, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Garlic - Gives a beautiful taste and combines great with the shrimp.
- Lemon - Cut into wedges and thread them on the skewer. They give a delicious taste to the shrimp.
- Parsley - For a fresh accent.
- Sunflower oil - Together with the garlic part of the marinade. It also keeps the shrimp from sticking to the grill.
- Shrimp - or scampi. With these skewers, you use large shrimp. Buy them with a tail or completely peeled from the freezer or the refrigerator. Shrimp have a firm texture and a sweet smell when grilled.
How to prepare Grilled Lemon Shrimp Skewers
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Mix garlic with sunflower oil.
- Cut the lemon in half and cut each half into quarters (to get wedges). Thread two shrimps, one lemon wedge, 2 shrimps one lemon wedge onto each skewer, and finish with two shrimps.
- Brush the shrimp with the oil marinade.
- Grill the shrimp for 3 minutes, turn them over, and grill for another 3 minutes.
Garnish with finely chopped parsley. Delicious with homemade ciabatta, strawberry pistachio salad, and white rice.
Tips and Variations
- Variation: Thread slices of bell pepper and wedges of onion alternately onto the skewer.
- Spice it up: mix ½ teaspoon of chili pepper flakes with the marinade.
- Extra flavor: brush the shrimp skewers with melted butter while grilling.
- Bake it in the oven: Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 440 °F (200 °C).
- Do you use wooden bamboo sticks? Then soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before making the shrimp skewer. This way, the sticks don't burn when grilling.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 lemon
- 24 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons flat parsley sliced finely
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Squeeze a clove of garlic in a bowl.1 clove garlic
- Mix the garlic with the sunflower oil.3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Halve the lemon and cut every half into quarters.1 lemon
- Thread 6 shrimp and two lemon pieces on each skewer. First, two shrimp, then a lemon wedge, and so on.24 shrimp
- Brush the shrimp with the garlic oil marinade.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook until done in 6 minutes. (Turn them after about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle some parsley on top.2 tablespoons flat parsley
Do you have any leftovers? Then let it cool down quickly.
- In advance - Make the shrimp skewers in the morning (not before). Or make the skewers and freeze them right away. Then, let them thaw in the fridge for a few hours earlier.
- Refrigerator - Keep the Grilled Lemon Shrimp Skewers covered for up to 2 days.
- Freezer - Pack the Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers in a freezer box (because of the sharp points, a freezer bag is not recommended) and freeze them for up to 1 month. Then, let it thaw in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply