Prawns marinated in a delicious soy marinade with ginger, garlic and sesame, served with a homemade satay sauce of cashew nuts and coconut milk.
Today a delicious recipe of grilled prawns from the bbq that are wonderfully marinated in a soy marinade with ginger, sesame and garlic. Then they're grilled briefly so that they remain juicy with lots of flavor. In the meanwhile you can prepare the satay sauce quickly and easily with cashews and coconut milk.
Peeled or not?
That is of course always the question. Why choose peeled shrimp or the unpeeled variety. In terms of taste, both will not matter much. But there are some things that you can take into account. Never buy the cooked shrimp, because then you will get a tough bite after preparation.
And I don't peel them in this case. In any case, if you call them in advance it means that you can do all the peeling alone (not my favorite piece). And when barbecuing, the dish protects against frying. In this case it is therefore better to leave the scale around (and I have done that).
American Style BBQ
This whole week you will receive recipes for a real American Style BBQ. And after we started with a few signature drinks, a rose vanilla iced tea and a delicious Sangria Blanca with Licor 43, the Bacon bourbon chicken skewer and the Blueberry melon salad came along. And today we supplement that with this delicious grilled shrimp with cashew nut satay sauce. But that is not the end of this week. So keep an eye on the website!
Recipe Grilled shrimp with cashew nut satay sauce
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Gamba's with cashew nut satay sauce
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml sesame oil
- 3 cm ginger fresh, grated
- 4 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 red pepper deseeded, sliced thin
- 16 gamba's uncooked
Cashew nut satay sauce
- 200 grams cashew nuts grind finely
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce sweet like ketjap manis
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal
- 200 ml coconut milk
- In a bowl add the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper and mix well.
- Put the gamba's in het bowl and make sure each of them is covered in the marinate.
- Let it marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Make sure the grill is hot and bake the gamba's on both sites for about 2 minutes (they should be coloured pink).
Cashew nut satay sauce
- In a saucepan add the grind cashew nuts, soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal and coconut milk.
- Whisk everything well (keep whisking) and put on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Turn the heat low and keep whisking until it thickens.
- Serve the grilled gamba's with the cashew nut satay sauce