Bourbon Butter Grilled Corn. One of the easiest vegetable side dishes from the grill. Place the corn on the cob on a piece of aluminum foil, and brush with Bourbon butter and some salt and pepper. Close the aluminum foil and place it on the BBQ for 15 minutes. And then you have creamy, sweet corn that tastes super delicious.
Bourbon Butter Grilled Corn
A delicious side dish that is easy to make for the BBQ. The corn is cooked in aluminum foil. I added homemade whiskey Maple butter to it because the butter ensures that the corn does not dry out and gives the corn a delicious buttery taste.
After cooking, you can grill the corn for another three minutes to get that smoky BBQ taste. This is a recipe that you try once, and then you’ll have to make more and more of it because everyone loves it so much!
What do you need for Grilled Corn with Maple Bourbon Butter?
To prepare this Bourbon butter grilled corn, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Corn on the cob - This recipe uses uncooked corn on the cob without a husk. If you have boiled corn on the cob, you only need to cook them for 8 minutes in aluminum foil.
- Butter - Unsalted butter at room temperature (then it mixes better with Maple and Bourbon).
- Maple Syrup - A sugar syrup extracted from the Maple Tree. It has a light brown, soft caramel taste.
- Bourbon - Use a smoky Bourbon (Whiskey), which tastes great with this. If you prefer not to use whiskey, then omit it.
- Salt and Pepper - To balance the sweet.
How to prepare Sweet Corn with Maple-Bourbon Butter (BBQ)?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Prepare the butter by mixing it with Bourbon and maple syrup.
- Place the corn on the cob on a piece of aluminum foil and brush with half of the butter mix. Fold and place on a hot grill for 15 minutes. Repeat for the second corn cob. Remove the foil and place the corn cobs on the BBQ for three minutes.
Garnish (completely optional) the corn on the cob with chopped parsley.
Serve at any BBQ party. A few delicious dishes to serve with grilled corn with maple Bourbon butter are Amish potato Salade, Ground Beef Kebabs with Bacon and a Pork Tenderloin and Chicken BBQ Shaslick.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Bourbon Butter Grilled Corn
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 corn cobs uncooked or cooked
- Mix the butter, maple syrup, and Bourbon in a bowl.4 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- Place a corn cob on a piece of aluminum foil. Brush with half of the butter mix.2 corn cobs
- Season with salt and pepper.salt and pepper
- Close the aluminum foil (into a parcel) and repeat for the second corn on the cob.
- Place the aluminum foil packets on a hot BBQ for 15 minutes.
- Carefully unfold the packages, brush the corn again with the melted butter, and place it on the hot grill.
- Grill for 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the BBQ and serve.
- Optional: Sprinkle with chopped parsley.1 tablespoon parsley
- Refrigerator - Wrap leftover corn in plastic foil or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Freezer - Wrap the corn in foil and then in a freezer bag or box. This keeps it good for up to 6 months.
- Reheat Microwave - You can heat the corn in the microwave. Sprinkle the corn with a bit of water and place it in a microwave-proof bowl. Place it in the microwave and turn it on for 20 seconds. Check-in between to make sure it is warm. Otherwise, repeat it again for 20 seconds until it’s warm.
- Reheat Oven - Place the corn cobs in an oven dish, cover with aluminum foil and place the oven dish in a preheated oven at 400 °F (200 °C). After 5 minutes, the corn is warm. Brush again with butter (if you like).