Delicious salty bacon, smoky bourbon and delicious herbs. Those are the flavors that make this delicious bacon bourbon chicken skewers from the BBQ so tasty. Try it yourself.
Unfortunately I've been away from my blog for the last few weeks due to a severe throat infection. What can a person be sick of that. But now that I am all up and rising, we quickly pick up the thread of the American style BBQ with these delicious bacon bourbon chicken kebabs.
For this recipe we marinate the chicken in a bowl filled with barbecue sauce, smoky bourbon, maple syrup and garlic. You add the bacon and all the spices to it and then you finely grind it. Use a brush to smear the chicken with it and let it absorb all flavors for an hour (this way the flavors become even more intense). Then you bake them on the grill until the chicken is deliciously tender and cooked.
And don't forget to prepare enough chicken that the neighbors can eat with you (because they are guaranteed on your doorstep after smelling these delicious skewers being baked).
Throughout the week we make delicious recipes in the style of an American BBQ. We started with a delicious iced tea with vanilla and rose and a Sangria Blanca with Licor 43 to serve at the BBQ. And the rest of the week a lot of delicious BBQ recipes come by. And of course we end with a wrap up. You don't want to miss this so keep an eye on the site!
It's a good taste!
Bacon bourbon chicken kebab
Bacon bourbon chicken kebabs
This recipe is:
- Bbq or grill
- Blender or food processor with knife
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 1 shallot cut into quarters
- 250 ml barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 kg chicken fillet
- Put the bacon, garlic, shallot, barbecue sauce, maple syrup, salt, paprika, pepper and bourbon in a blender and grind finely.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and put on satay sticks.
- Coat the chicken with the bacon marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Grill the kebabs for 5 minutes on both sides until they are tender and done.
- Coat the chicken again with the bacon marinade and grill for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.