If you are going to make these Easy Bacon Paste Chicken Kebabs for the BBQ yourself, you will certainly be very happy with this. The chicken is marinated in Barbecue Sauce, Bacon, Maple Syrup, and Bourbon and that gives the meat so much flavor and makes it wonderfully tender. Grill it on the stove, roast under the grill, or bake on the BBQ, these skewers can be prepared in many ways and are always delicious!
Easy Bacon Paste Chicken Kebabs
I love a delicious BBQ chicken kebab. And you can see that on the blog. I have already put delicious recipes for Mustard Soy Chicken Skewers, Yakitori Chicken Kebabs and Chicken Satay with Cashew Nut Sauce on the blog.
But there is always room for one more. This time it's a delicious chicken skewer with a Maple Syrup, Bourbon, and Bacon paste marinade.
Marinate the chicken in a marinade of barbecue sauce, smoky bourbon, maple syrup, and garlic. You add the bacon and all the spices to it and you grind it all fine. Use a brush to coat the chicken with it and let it soak for an hour (this will intensify the flavors). Then bake them on the grill (or in the oven) until the chicken is tender and done.
And don't forget to marinate enough chicken, so that the neighbors can eat some too (because they are guaranteed to be on your doorstep after smelling these delicious kebabs).
American style BBQ
Throughout the week we make delicious recipes in the style of an American BBQ. We started with a delicious iced tea with vanilla and rose and a Sangria Blanca with Licor 43 to serve at the BBQ. And this third recipe is also delicious at your American Style BBQ.
And the rest of the week a lot of delicious BBQ recipes come by. And of course, we end with a wrap-up. You don't want to miss this so keep an eye on the site!
What do you need for Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Bacon Paste?
For the preparation of these Bacon Paste Chicken Kebabs you need the following ingredients (you can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog):
- Chicken breast - Of course, there is chicken breast in these delicious skewers. Or you opt for chicken tenderloins. Chicken is great because it quickly takes on the flavor of your marinade.
- Bacon - Gives a salty taste to the marinade. You can also use bacon strips, but it is best to grind bacon slices, which is better for the marinade.
- Bourbon - An American Whiskey made from more than 51% corn. It is slightly sweeter than other whiskeys.
- Maple syrup - This Canadian maple syrup is a sweet seasoning in the marinade. It has a delicious caramel taste. You can replace it with brown sugar (2 tablespoons) or honey, but the taste is of course slightly different.
- Garlic, shallot, paprika - Herbs and spices to give the marinade even more flavor.
- Barbecue Sauce - A spicy, sweet sauce. It is used in marinades and as a sauce. Barbecue sauce often has ketchup, a sweetener, vinegar, and spices (such as mustard, pepper, onion, and garlic) as the base. And a smoky extract is often added to it.
How to prepare Bacon Bourbon Chicken Kebabs?
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Place the ingredients for the marinade (bacon, garlic, shallot, barbecue sauce, maple syrup, salt, paprika, pepper, and Bourbon) in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until you get a paste. Put ⅔ of the marinade in one bowl and the rest in a second bowl (you will use this when grilling).
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes of 1 x 1 inch (2 x 2 cm) and thread them onto a skewer. Brush the chicken with the bacon paste from the first bowl.
- Place in a bowl and pour in the rest of the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the kebabs on both sides for about 5 minutes until done. Brush the chicken skewers again with the BBQ marinade from the second dish and grill for another minute. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Easy Bacon Paste Chicken Kebabs
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 1 shallot cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ½ pounds chicken breast cut into 1 x 1 inch (2 x 2 cm) cubes
- Put the bacon, garlic, shallot, barbecue sauce, maple syrup, salt, paprika, pepper, and bourbon in a blender and grind finely. Divide the marinade between 2 bowls. In the first bowl, you put ⅔ of the marinade, in the second bowl the rest6 slices bacon, 1 clove garlic, 1 shallot, 1 cup barbecue sauce, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 tablespoons paprika powder, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 3 tablespoons bourbon
- Cut the chicken into cubes and put it on satay skewers.2 ½ pounds chicken breast
- Coat the chicken with the bacon paste marinade from the first bowl. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Grill the kebabs for 5 minutes on both sides until they are tender and done.
- Coat the chicken again with the bacon marinade and grill for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerator - The marinated chicken, unprepared, can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 1 day. Once you grill the chicken, you can keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezer - Want an easy BBQ? Coat the chicken kebabs with the marinade and store them in a freezer box. When you want to eat them, let them thaw in the fridge. They are then ready to grill. Are the chicken skewers already grilled? Then you can store them in a freezer box for up to 2 months.