Melon and Blueberry Fruit Salad is a sweet salad full of vitamins. It’s a light and delicious summer recipe, ideal for having as a BBQ side dish or as a fruit dessert. The sweet and juicy Galia Melon, sweet and sour taste of the blueberries, fresh cucumber, salty Feta, and mint is a terrific combination. I could eat this every day!
Melon and Blueberry Fruit Salad
This is a salad for a barbecue side dish or as a light dessert. I always make bowls of different sorts of melon in summer times. But why not incorporate that into a salad for once. A melon salad that is light but full of tasty flavors.
With its juicy sweet taste, melon is, of course, a delicious base. One that combines wonderfully with fresh cucumber and slightly sour blueberries. I flavored that with a honey vinegar dressing. Then add crumbled feta on top of the salad (because that gives a little salt to the salad as opposed to all that sweet and sour). Pour some fruity olive oil over it and garnish with some mint leaves. That makes this salad complete. After serving, the bowl was empty within a few minutes. I wonder if this was the case with you too?
What do you need for melon, mint & Feta salad with blueberries?
To prepare this Melon and Blueberry Fruit Salad, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Honey - Sweetener of the dressing
- Apple cider vinegar - Is one of the ingredients of the dressing. Gives it a bit of a zing.
- Melon - I used Galia Melons for this recipe. They were in season and got the perfect sweet and juicy flavor I wanted. But you also could use Cantaloupe or Piel de Sapo. Even watermelon will be great.
- Cucumber - Fresh and mild, crisp and cool. Perfect for eating raw or in a salad. I like to peel my cucumbers before adding them, but you can keep the skin. But do take out the seeds on the inside. Otherwise, your salad will get mushy.
- Blueberries - Sweet and sour, really refreshing.
- Feta cheese - Is a Greek white soft cheese; it’s creamy, salty, and tangy.
- Olive oil - Use an extra vierge olive oil with a fruity flavor.
- Mint leaves - This sweet herb gives a cooling effect in your mouth when you eat it. This will provide a real flavor burst!
How to prepare Cucumber Melon Salad with Blueberries and Feta
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing honey and apple cider in a bowl—flavor with salt and pepper.
- Cut the melon into cubes of 1 x 1 inch. Then peel the cucumber and slice it vertically in half. Remove the seeds with the back of a spoon. Cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Put the melon and cucumber in a bowl and mix well.
- Add blueberries and crumbled Feta. Pour some olive oil on top. Garnish with mint. Serve, or put it in the refrigerator until you eat it.
I like to serve this as part of a BBQ, with Bacon bourbon chicken kebabs, honey bourbon spareribs, and Gambas with cashew nut satay sauce. And we drink rose vanilla iced tea and a Sangria Blanca with Licor 43.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 melons galia or another sort you like
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil fruity, ,extra virgin
- fresh mint leaves garnish
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the honey with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper
- Peel the melon and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the melon into 1 x 1-inch cubes.2 melons
- Peel and halve the cucumber.1 cucumber
- Remove the seeds with the back of a coffee spoon.
- Cut into narrow strips.
- Add melon, cucumber, and blueberries to a bowl and mix well.½ cup blueberries
- Take the Feta and crumble it on top of the dish.4 oz. feta cheese
- Pour the dressing and the olive oil over the fruit bowl.2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish with mint leaves.fresh mint leaves
- Refrigerator - Store this salad for up to two days in the fridge.