A sweet salad full of vitamins, becomes a nice light and delicious side dish at the American BBQ. With galia melon, blueberries, cucumber, delicious feta and mint.
A salad for the barbecue should of course not be missing in our American style BBQ. I always make a bowl of melon for the barbecue. But why not incorporate that into a salad for once. A salad that is light (because the meat dishes at the barbecue are of course already heavier), but full of tasty flavors.
With its fresh sweet taste, melon is of course a delicious base. By combining that with fresh cucumber and slightly sour blueberries you have a nice addition. I seasoned that with a dressing of honey vinegar (to spice everything up). And I crumbled feta over the salad (because that gives a little salt to the salad as a counterpart to all that sweet and sour). A nice fruity olive oil and some mint leaves made this salad complete. And when served the bowl was empty after a few minutes I'm wondering how this went for your salad?
American style BBQ
This entire week is all about the American style BBQ. After we started to raise our moisture content and keep it with a delicious rose vanilla iced tea and a Sangria Blanca with Licor 43, we supplemented this yesterday with Bacon bourbon chicken kebabs. And today of course this delicious blueberry melon salad. Numerous recipes are coming this week for this BBQ and we end with a wrap up of all recipes.
Blueberry and melon salad
This recipe is:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 melons galia or another sort you like
- 1 cucumber
- 100 grams blueberries
- 100 grams feta cheese crumbled
- olive oil fruity, ,extra virgin
- fresh mint leaves garnish
- Mix the honey with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the melon and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the melon into thin slices.
- Divide the slices on the bottom of a dish.
- Peel and halve the cucumber.
- Remove the seeds with the back of a coffee spoon.
- Cut into narrow rings and divide, along with the blueberries, over the melon slices.
- Take the feta and crumble it over the dish.
- Pour the dressing and the olive oil over the fruit bowl.
- Garnish with mint leaves.