A potato salad is always a welcome side dish to a barbecue. This recipe for German potato salad got a delicious flavorful dressing that's for sure!
The food blog swap, a monthly recurring phenomenon. Because I think it's a great idea and I just want to be part of it, because I think it's great fun to get to know new blogs (or get look a little bit better at a yet known blog). I always try to look for a recipe that I always wanted to make or I wouldn't thought of myself (and what still seems very tasty) or, as in this case, a recipe that fits my theme of that month. And since we are now, and that you have probably already noticed, midst of the summer season with plenty of barbecue. So it became a recipe with that subject.
The blog from Daisy, a Belgian lady who spends a lot of time in Brabant (the South of the Netherlands) (look, I already feel a kinship because I come from the same area) because of her boyfriend. She is the writer behind the blog lekkerhappen (Dutch blog) with a lot of recipes. And those recipes are nicely categorized by theme. They also eat out a lot, because there are quite a few restaurant reviews on her site (so if you're looking for inspiration).
When I went through her results, I came out with a recipe that appealed to me right away and was right in my theme. A German potato salad that was so tasty that Daisy immediately asked the recipe after eating it. And also because it is a very simple recipe, it seemed fun to make and share with you on my blog.
This potato salad is a terrific
Especially the sauce and the egg which is mixed in with this potato salad is that this is a delicious potato salad. The sauce is really very good with curry and paprika as flavor accent. The creamy mayonnaise and the pit of chives, make this just more special. An easy side dish for barbecue, which I certainly am going to make often as a side dish at a barbecue.
It's a good taste!
German potato salad
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1200 grams potatoes slices
- 4 eggs
- 10 spring onions
- 3 dl mayonnaise
- 2½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- pepper and salt
- chives chopped
- Clean the potatoes well and cut them into quarters.
- Put them into a pan with water (about 2 cand cook them (TIP check if their done by pierce with a fork in the potato. If that goes easy then the potato is cooked). Let quickly evaporate excess water and cool the potatoes to room temperature.
- Cook the eggs hard and cool with cold water.
- Make the dressing by mixing mayonnaise, paprika, curry powder together and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the egg, slice into pieces and mix it with the dressing.
- Cut the spring onions and chives into thin strips and toss with the dressing.
- Stir finally the potatoes through the dressing. Eat immediately or let cool in the refrigerator (so that the taste even become better)