A recipe for scones with oranges. Slightly sweet and ready within 20 minutes. Easy to make. Great for a high tea or brunch.
Buying scones often does not provide the tastiest sandwiches, and it ain't necessary at all, because you can easily make them yourself. The scones are on the table within 20 minutes. Doesn't that sound very fast? And it certainly is. And for a nice winter variation this time scones with orange flavor.
Scones are delicious with a high tea or brunch. And this variant is wonderfully sweet because of the orange. Serve with a very tasty orange jam with ginger. Although they are already delicious with just a lick of butter, they are already tasty.
One tip: scones are the best when they just come out of the oven!
It's a good taste!
Recipe scones with
Scones with orange flavor
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Baking tray
- cookie cutter about 5 cm diameter
- 1 tablespoon orange peel candied
- 140 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter grated frozen
- 120 ml milk cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon fine granulated sugar to sprinkle
- Cut the candied orange zest into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 240 ° C.
- Sieve the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) three times. This way you get a lighter dough. Rub the frozen butter through until you get some sort of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the currants and orange.
- Add all the milk at once and mix with a wooden spoon until you get a sticky dough. The wetter the dough, the lighter the scones will become!
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle some flour on top.
- To get the layered effect of a scone, fold the dough 4 to 5 times.
- Press the dough into a rectangle of about 15 by 10 cm (2 cm thick).
- Take a cookie cutter of 5 cm and press a scone out of the dough (do not turn the cutter, because then you will lose the layers and carefully place the scones on a baking sheet (do not press).
- Turn the remaining dough into a square of 2 cm thick and stick out 2 more scones
- Brush the scones with milk and sprinkle the sugar over the top
- Bake the scones in the oven for 10 minutes.