Creamy, full of flavor and easy to make: Zebras ie rye bread sandwiches. Nice to take along as a snack or to serve a high tea. Stuffed with salmon cream cheese and cucumber cream cheese.
After January 1 the New Year parties start. Sometimes we just need to be present and sometimes are asked to bring something. A kind of pot luck idea. Smart, because otherwise as a hostess your spending all your time in the kitchen. A few years ago I tried to make the most spectacular dishes, but since everyone took something with them that is actually a bit of a waste. So now I go for simple and tasty. And you must be able to transport it. High towers toppling over and causing you to drive over thresholds with 10 km per hour, turned out not the most ideal bites (believe me ;-)).
So are you going to a New Year's party and you want to take an appetizer with you? Or are you organizing a high tea? Or ... now you get the idea, these zebras are great for most occasions to serve (and eat) as a delicious snack.
They are simple to prepare, easy to carry and delicious to eat. I have filled these with cream cheese - salmon and cucumber - cream cheese, but of course you have endless possibilities.
Recipe Zebras, rye bread sandwiches
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Zebras, rye bread sandwiches
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 12 slices rye bread
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 50 grams smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon dill fresh finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cucumber English
- Chop the smoked salmon finely.
- Peel the cucumber and cut the cucumber into thin strips about 1-2 cm long.
- Halve the cream cheese.
- Mix the first half of the cream cheese with smoked salmon and dill.
- Mix the other half of the cream cheese with mayonnaise and sliced cucumber.
- Remove the outer edge of the rye bread.
- Place a slice of rye bread in front of you and spread with half the salmon cream cheese mixture.
- Lay a second slice and cut into quarters.
- Repeat this for the rest of the salmon cream cheese.
- Place a slice of rye bread in front of you and smear half of the cucumber mixture on the bread.
- Top with a second slice and divide into quarters.
- Repeat this for the rest of the cucumber mixture.