Discover the convenience of slow cooking with this slow cooker Brunswick stew recipe. Juicy chicken, savory ham, and crispy bacon are combined with fresh vegetables to create a delicious stew originating in the Southern United States.
An actual comfort food recipe that is easy to make! Curious about this simple and oh-so-tasty recipe! Let's move on quickly!
Brunswick Stew Recipes (Slow Cooker)
The slow cooker Brunswick stew is a well-filled mix of delicious meat and vegetables. But where does this delightful dish come from?
It originates in the Southern United States (Virginia and Georgia), where a mix of chicken, bacon, and vegetables was slowly cooked in large pots. The Brunswick stew was often eaten in large groups.
The pots have been exchanged for the slow cooker in this recipe, but the result remains a delicious stew where the flavors of meat and vegetables go together. How useful is that?
Crock Pot Brunswick Stew
And why can I recommend this Brunswick stew? Because it is not only delicious but is also very easy to make. Because while everything cooks slowly in the slow cooker, you have time for other things.
The chicken turns out wonderfully tender, the bacon adds a smoky, salty flavor, and the vegetables absorb all those flavors. This is comfort food is at its best, filling the house with delicious aromas. Try it yourself quickly!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew
- ¾ pound chicken breast cut into cubes
- ¾ pound turkey breast cut into cubes
- ½ pound ham cubes
- 3 slices smoked bacon cut into strips
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ¾ cups corn kernels
- ¾ cup Lima beans
- 12 oz. Whole peeled tomatoes can
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots scraped and diced
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon chicken spices
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 cup water
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Place the cubes of chicken, turkey and ham in the slow cooker.¾ pound chicken breast, ¾ pound turkey breast, ½ pound ham cubes
- Place the onion, bacon, corn and beans on top and add the peeled tomatoes. Top with a knob of butter.3 slices smoked bacon, 1 onion, 1 ¾ cups corn kernels, ¾ cup Lima beans, 12 oz. Whole peeled tomatoes, 2 tablespoons butter
- Also, put the carrots, sugar, and chicken spices in the slow cooker pot and crumble the stock cube above it. Add the water. Stir everything well.2 carrots, ½ tablespoon sugar, ½ tablespoon chicken spices, 1 chicken stock cube, 1 cup water
- Place the lid on the pan and turn on low for 8 hours. Stir well and serve immediately.
- Refrigerator: Cool the Brunswick stew quickly. You can keep this covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freezer: Let the stew cool quickly and store it in a freezer container or bag for up to two months.
- Reheat: Put everything in the pan and add two tablespoons of water. Heat this stew over medium heat while stirring until hot.