A delicious fruit salad for the BBQ! All the flavors of summer in a bowl with raspberries, grapes, apple, strawberries, mango, orange, and blueberries. With a delicious honey citrus dressing. This summery fruit salad is fresh and light and perfect for a BBQ!
BBQ Fruit Salad
This fruit salad is made from fresh summer fruits, and it is an easy salad to make. No bells and whistles, just different fruits with a delicious honey citrus dressing. This ensures that the fruit does not discolor and remains wonderfully fresh.
This salad is made from grapes, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries, combined with mango, apple, and orange. We use the segments (without skin) from the orange, and from the remaining juice, we make a delicious dressing, together with some lemon and honey. And with the season's flavors in one bowl, you get a delightful taste explosion and super tasty fruit salad! So that will be delicious!
What do you need for this Perfect Summer Fruit Salad?
To prepare this BBQ Fruit Salad, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Honey - For sweetening the dressing. It also brings out the sweetness in the fruit extra.
- Orange - The orange is peeled, and the segments are added to the fruit salad. Then squeeze the remaining parts and mix them with the honey for the dressing. The acid of the orange ensures that the fruit does not discolor.
- Lemon - The zest of the lemon gives extra flavor to the dressing.
- Strawberries - Use fresh strawberries. Wash them and remove the crown (in this order. If you remove the crown first, the strawberry will absorb the washing water, and they will become watery).
- Blueberries - Mild and sweet, and sour. Rinse them briefly under the water and remove the stems.
- Raspberries - Sweet, soft, and deliciously juicy. Do not wash them; just wipe them clean with a damp piece of paper. Remove any leaves or stems by hand.
- Apples - Sweet and sour and provide a bite in the salad. Peel the apples and remove the core. Cut into small cubes and mix with the dressing immediately after adding because apples are very sensitive to discoloration.
- Mango - soft and juicy and wonderfully sweet. Remove the skin and pit and cut into small cubes. Here you will find a video where I show you how you can do this quickly and easily in two ways.
- Grapes - wonderfully sweet and juicy. Wash the grapes in water and remove the stems.
How to prepare a Sweet Honey Summer Fruit Salad?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Peel the orange and cut out the segments. Squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Add the honey and lemon zest to the bowl and mix well. This is the dressing.
- Put the orange segments, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and grapes in a bowl and mix everything.
- Then add the mango and apple cubes. Pour in the dressing and mix so that the sauce gets all over. Store the fruit in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve.
Garnish: completely optional (but looks nice) small mint leaves
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
BBQ Fruit Salad
- 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ¾ cup strawberries washed, crown removed, and quartered
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and cut into small cubes.
- 1 mango peeled, pit removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1 ¼ cups grapes red or white
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Peel the orange and cut orange segments between the membranes with a knife. Put it in a large bowl.1 orange
- Take the remaining orange and squeeze it into a small bowl. Mix with the honey and lemon zest.4 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, diced apples, mango, and grapes to the orange.1 ¾ cup strawberries, ½ cup blueberries, 1 cup raspberries, 2 apples, 1 mango, 1 ¼ cups grapes
- Pour the dressing over this Summer fruit salad and mix well.
- Store in the refrigerator until use.
- Refrigerator - Store the BBQ fruit salad covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.