Stewing drumsticks Dutch Oven is an easy way to put something tasty on the table quickly. A recipe for chicken legs with lemon, wonderfully marinated and stewed in a butter lemon chicken stock. Tasty and easy!
Drumsticks Dutch Oven
You can, of course, buy marinated drumsticks ready-made. But then you need to find out exactly what's in it. That's why I marinate them; this time, I'm making drumsticks with lemon in the Dutch Oven.
You can just stew these chicken legs. The juices soak into the legs, becoming so tender and flavorful that the meat almost falls off.
But if you like that, you can grill them afterwards on the BBQ. Make sure you stew them in the Dutch oven for 30 minutes beforehand so that they are done. You certainly don't want to get a salmonella infection. And isn't it barbecue weather yet? Then you can also prepare them in the grill pan.
Do you like drumsticks? You will also like these gin lemon drumsticks, chicken drumsticks in soy sauce, and gumbo with drumsticks and sausage. And for more inspiration with chicken, check out this page with the tastiest chicken recipes.
What do you need for Dutch Oven Chicken Drumsticks?
To prepare these Drumsticks Dutch Oven, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Lemon - Freshly squeezed lemon juice. Nothing can beat that. Or use fresh lime juice (also excellent)
- Vermouth - has a fruity, bittersweet herbal taste. You can replace it with a dry white wine, such as Sauvignon blanc or white wine vinegar.
- Garlic - Gives a delicious taste to the chicken drumsticks
- Butter - Bake the chicken until they are nicely browned. That gives much more flavor.
- Olive oil - As a seasoning to marinate the chicken legs.
- Rosemary - Rosemary has a bittersweet taste (and smells delicious).
- Drumsticks - This is the bottom part of the chicken leg. Use unflavored drumsticks so that you can flavor them yourself.
- Chicken stock - To stew the chicken and give it extra flavor. The best is homemade chicken stock, but use a cube if you don't have it.
How to prepare Lemon Butter Chicken Drumsticks
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Make a marinade from lemon juice, olive oil, vermouth, crushed garlic, and rosemary.
- Place the drumsticks in the marinade, making sure they are covered. Let them marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Melt butter in the pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on all sides until golden brown. Then add the stock and marinade.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Optional: heat the BBQ or grill pan until it is very hot. Grill the drumsticks until they are nice and warm.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Drumsticks Dutch Oven
- ¼ cup lemon juice juice of one lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed or chopped finely
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2½ cups chicken stock
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Drumsticks Dutch Oven
- Make a marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, vermouth, garlic and rosemary. Stir well.¼ cup lemon juice, ½ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons vermouth, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 2 cloves garlic
- Place the drumsticks in the marinade, making sure they are covered. Let them marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.8 chicken drumsticks
- Melt the butter in the Dutch Oven.2 teaspoons butter
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and fry on all sides until golden brown.
- Then add the stock and marinade.2½ cups chicken stock
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Grill or BBQ (Optional)
- Heat the barbecue. And grill the chicken on all sites until done.
- Refrigerator (marinating) - You can let the drumsticks marinate overnight. You can also freeze the chicken along with the marinade. Let it thaw in the fridge, and you can start immediately (no extra marinade time needed).
- Refrigerator (cooked, cooled quickly) - This will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer (cooked, cooled quickly) - Place the drumsticks in freezer bags or a freezer box. This way, they stay good for up to 2 months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator.