A recipe for drumsticks with lemon, tender and full of flavor. Delicious in summer when grilled on the barbecue. Serve with a green salad.
Drumsticks can be bought already marinated in the supermarket. But in that case you don't know exactly what's used. I rather marinate them myself, and this time I choose a lemon marinate. We are going to the warm summer times, aren't we?
Off course you can just braise your drumsticks. The juices will flow through the flesh and it becomes so tender it will loosen from the bones.
Today we braise them for a short period and then grill them on the barbecue. Braise them first, so you're sure they are done. Food poisoning isn't something you want to get. And if it ain't barbecue weather yet. Finish them in a grill pan.
It's a good taste!
Drumsticks with lemon
- Bbq or grill
- 1 lemon juice
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Vermouth
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 500 ml chicken stock
- Make a marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, vermouth and rosemary.
- Slice the garlic cloves fine, add to the marinade and stir well.
- Let the drumsticks marinate for at least 2 hours. During that time, make sure you rotate the drumsticks so that every part is well done.
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Drain the drumsticks and fry on all sides until browned.
- When the drumsticks are browned, pour in the stock and the used marinade and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the pan and let the juices drip of.
- Heat the barbecue. And grill the chicken on all sites until done.