A delicious fish burger with smoked mackerel and potatoes. Crispy and full of flavor. And a recipe that's ready in a twist. You can eat it with a fresh salad or green beans.
Fish is healthy we all know that. I often bake my fish in the pan, or I poach it in a package, or I grill it in the oven. But a different approach is a crispy fish burger. A burger filled with smoked mackerel. The saltiness of mackerel mixed with creamy mashed potatoes, the bite of the parsley, and a crispy crust. This is delicious!
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Fish burger with smoked mackerel
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 600 grams potatoes floury
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 300 grams Smoked mackerel
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs size L, beaten
- 75 grams breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Peel the potatoes cut them into small cubes, and boil them.
- Mash them and mix the parsley, flour, and smoked mackerel through the mash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 burgers with your hands and dip it in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, once again the egg, and finally second time the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet and bake the burgers until crisp, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a nice salad.