These well-filled, chocolate Mississippi Mud Brownies have three yummy layers that are so delicious. Homemade fudgy brownies with a gooey texture with a filling of fluffy marshmallows, pecan nuts, chocolate chips, and a crunchy brown sugar meringue. One of the best brownie recipes I know!
Easy Marshmallow Brownies with Pecans
Delicious fudgy brownies, with rich chocolate, taste a great sweet treat. With the basic recipe for a regular brownie you always have a good basis. And then you can vary it wonderfully. For example, a raspberry brownie cake, a brownie with caramel, or cream cheese brownies. As you can see brownies are one of my favorite desserts.
And this is another irresistible brownie version: Marshmallow Brownies, a delicious fudgy chocolate brownie with chocolate, pecans, and marshmallow layer and a meringue layer on top. That's not only three delicious layers of flavor, but also the texture of the silky brownie, the gooey nutty filling, and a crunchy topping is irresistibly delicious. A new favorite recipe for dessert. Try it yourself!
What do you need for a chewy brownie with meringue, marshmallows and pecans
For the preparation of this Mississippi mud brownies recipe you need the following ingredients (the correct amounts can be found at the bottom of the blog in the recipe card):
- Baking powder - This allows the brownie to rise, making it fluffy.
- Chocolate and cocoa - For the rich chocolate taste. In this recipe, you use two types of chocolate to get an extra intense chocolate taste. A bar with more than 70% cocoa and chocolate with more than 50% cocoa. Cocoa also contributes to the intense chocolate taste.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter.
- Vanilla Extract - Gives a hint of vanilla which makes it even more delicious. Don't have vanilla extract at home? Then use 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
- Sugars - In this recipe, you use three different types of sugar, each with its own taste. That's what makes this such a delicious treat! Regular granulated sugar, brown sugar (with an intense deep taste), and syrup (for a caramel taste). You can vary this by using light brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey.
- Pecans - Use it for the filling. The delicious nutty taste combines well with the marshmallows and chocolate. You can also replace it with walnuts or almonds.
- Marshmallows - Use mini marshmallows or cut the larger marshmallows smaller. This allows you to distribute the marshmallows evenly over the fudge. Baking in the oven will melt the marshmallows and make them wonderfully gooey.
How do you make Mississippi Mud Brownie recipe?
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Making brownie batter for the bottom layer - If you want to see how the brownies are made in a photo overview, you will find that in the recipe fudgy brownies in four easy steps. Pour batter into the baking tin.
- Filling - Divide finely chopped chocolate, pecans and marshmallows over the brownie batter.
- Applying the meringue (top of brownie) - Spread the meringue over the filling and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Baking and Cooling - Bake the marshmallow brownie until cooked through and let it cool to room temperature.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Marshmallow Brownies with Pecans
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- 3 oz. Milk Chocolate > 70 % cocoa
- 2 oz. Milk Chocolate > 50 % cocoa
- ½ stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Milk Chocolate > 50% cocoa, finely chopped
- 2 egg whites size L
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190°C). And place a baking paper at the bottom of the baking pan.
- Put a pan of water on (about a 1 inch (2 cm) layer) and bring to a boil on medium heat. Hang a heatproof medium bowl over the water, where you melt the chocolate and butter.3 oz. Milk Chocolate, ½ stick butter, 2 oz. Milk Chocolate
- When the chocolate has melted, add the vanilla extract and syrup to the chocolate mixture and mix well with the spatula for about 30 seconds.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon sugar syrup
- Turn off the gas and place the bowl on the work surface.
- Place both sugars and the eggs in a second large bowl and mix with the electric mixer for a few seconds, until just combined.¾ cup sugar, ⅓ cup dark brown sugar, 2 eggs
- Gradually add about half of the egg mixture to the chocolate, stirring gently but continuously with the spatula.
- Mix the rest of the egg mixture with the mixer on high for 3 minutes. The egg mixture is nice and thick and the volume has doubled.
- Take a spatula and carefully fold the egg mixture into the chocolate.
- When the egg mixture is incorporated, add the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt to the bowl.¾ cup purpose flour, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mix everything with a spatula until blended.
- Pour the batter into the brownie pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows, pecans, and chocolate over the brownie batter.⅓ cup pecans, ⅓ cup Milk Chocolate, ⅔ cup marshmallow
- Mix the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until stiff.2 egg whites
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the meringue and gently fold in with a spatula.1 cup dark brown sugar
- Divide this over the filling. Smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the meringue on top is golden brown in color.
- Check with a skewer if the brownie is cooked. There may be a thin layer of chocolate on the skewer.
- Let cool in the mold before serving.
- Room Temperature - Store the brownies in an airtight container (or wrap in plastic wrap). You can keep them at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freezer - If you want to keep them longer, freeze them! Wrap the brownies individually in plastic wrap and then in a freezer box. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months.