A delicious skinny spring recipe: salmon from the oven with asparagus and tomatoes.Cooked in its own liquids so all flavors are completely absorbed!
An elegant, simple and delicious spring recipe: oven baked salmon with asparagus and tomatoes. Cooked in their own juices, making all the smells and flavors are preserved.
You can make the packages the night before and store in the refrigerator, so you only have to bake them in the oven. Serve with fresh pasta and some extra green salad.
- Use parchment paper to make the package. If you don't have parchment paper at home, you can also use aluminum foil.
- Cooking the peel of the asparagus gives them even more flavor.
- If you don't like salmon (or prefer not to eat salmon), replace it with cod. That also has a solid structure.
- You can also replace thyme with rosemary or basil
- Also delicious with other Italian herbs. Then use it as a mix.
- Instead of salmon, use saithe fillets from the freezer.
- Substitute the shallot, with half a finely chopped onion.
- Use white or frozen asparagus instead of fresh asparagus. Bring them to a boil in the cooking liquid.
- Instead of feta cheese, use a slice of white cheese.
- Plant fresh parsley, chives and basil in a pot. You will enjoy this for months they will cost you less.
The price of the budget friendly version is € 1.70 per person
- Prepare the packages a day in advance, but do not bake them off. The next day you bake them from the refrigerator.
- Furthermore, you cannot save these salmon packets as a whole. If you've got leftover salmon, use it the next day in a delicious salmon salad. I freeze any vegetable leftovers and use them as the basis for a vegetable stock.
Other delicious fish
- Cod fillet with potato rösti
- Shrimps with lemon
- Tilapia fillet with tomato salsa
- Salmon with a herb butter of red wine and shallots
It's a good taste!
Recipe Oven baked salmon with asparagus and cherry
Oven baked salmon with asparagus and cherry tomatoes
- 600 grams asparagus
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh
- 4 pieces salmon
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and peel the asparagus and break the hard part of the asparagus. Do that by holding the end in one hand and bend the rest up. It will break at the end of the wooden part of the asparagus.
- Put a pan with water (about 5 cm) on the fire and put the asparagus peels and ends the bottom of the pan (for more flavor). Bring the water to the boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and rinse immediately with cold water.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Chop the shallot finely.
- Make a salad with dressing by mixing the tomatoes with the finely chopped shallot, vinegar, olive oil and thyme leaves.
- Take 4 pieces of parchment paper and grease lightly with some olive oil.
- Divide the asparagus over the 4 pieces of parchment paper.
- Divide the tomatoes on top of the asparagus.
- Then place the salmon. one on each piece of parchment paper.
- Crumble over each piece of salmon 1 tablespoon feta.
- Fold the parchment paper tightly and tie it with twine.
- Put the salmon parcels in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until the salmon is cooked properly.
- Open the packets very carefully (steam will escape) and serve immediately.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat