Summer weather, a picnic outside in the grass, at sea, or in the forest. Enjoy. Relax. You can do that now with these 6 picnic food ideas and time schedule.
As usual after a week of delicious recipes today's wrap-up time. This picnic recipe schedule with time table certainly contributes to a stress-free picnic.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Picnic food ideas
1 day before
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad: This pasta salad, can easily be made one day in advance and refrigerate until use.
- Homemade marshmallows: Make the marshmallows one day before the picnic, so they are well solidified.
In the morning:
- Vanilla Lemonade: Make vanilla lemonade and store in refrigerator;
- Wrap with mango and spicy chicken: Make the wraps. Package them individually in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator;
- Sandwiches on the go: Cut the cucumber and store it until use in a bag with a damp paper towel;
- Sandwiches on the go: Wash the arugula and store it in a box with attached water in the refrigerator;
- Sandwiches on the go: If you make your own pesto, it can be done in the morning.
- Salad in a Jar: Make the dressing, spoon it at the bottom of the pot.
- Salad in a jar: Wash the lettuce and cut it into pieces. Keep it in a sealed jar with damp paper.
Just before the picnic:
- Salad in a jar: put all the ingredients for the salad in the jar.
- Sandwiches on the go: Smear all sandwiches and pack them, each in its own plastic wrap.
- Put in a bag with a cooling element (or ice pack):
- Vanilla lemonade
- Easy Italian pasta salad
- Wrap with mango and spicy chicken
- Jars with salad
- Tasty sandwiches
- Chocolate cookies.
- Add to a bag without an ice pack:
- Glasses, plates, and cutlery
- Bowls for pasta salad
- Homemade marshmallows