A spicy, skinny and flavorful dish, the Ras El Hanout chicken served with a spicy carrot couscous. Arabic cuisine at its best.
World kitchen recipe
As for dinner today I made a spicy, delicious and slim recipe called Ras El Hanout chicken with a spicy carrot couscous. And it does not take much time to prepare it. Especially if you marinate the chicken the evening before. In that case you have put this on the table within 20 minutes. This meal is delicious with a nice arugula salad. Tasty.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Ras El Hanout chicken with spicy carrot couscous
- 400 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ras El Hanout spices
- 40 grams butter unsalted
- 3 chicken breasts
- 300 grams couscous
- 375 ml vegetable broth hot
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 4 carrots coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley roughly chopped
- (the chicken marinate can also be done a night before)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the milk, vinegar and Ras El Hanout in a bowl.
- Squeeze the garlic over it and stir through.
- Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and let marinate for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in an ovenproof casserole and fry the chicken until golden brown (about 3 minutes on each side)
- Put the pan in the oven so it continues to bake until the chicken is cooked done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fill a bowl with couscous and pour the hot broth over the couscous.
- Take a good stir and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Season with cumin, winter carrots, butter and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and serve with couscous.