Tasty and healthy with a lot of flavors gives this recipe for Tilapia filet with tomato salsa. Easy to prepare, you serve it with a salad and or pasta.
This is a delicious light recipe and easy and quick to prepare: tilapia fillet with tomato salsa. You marinate the tilapia filet with the pesto and some orange juice (to make the fish even more tender and get a better flavor), then roll it in some grilled zucchini (for a smoky flavor) and serve it with a fresh tomato salsa.
Serve with a green salad and some fresh egg pasta and your dish can be served. A healthy and light meal for warmer days to come. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Tilapia fillet with tomato salsa
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- grill pan
- mandoline or cheese slicer
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 100 grams pesto
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 zucchini
- olive oil extra virgin
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 50 grams feta
- 1 tablespoon seasoned oil eg oil that comes with the feta.
- Cut the tilapia into thin strips (about 2 cm wide)
- Marinate the fish in a sauce of pesto with 2 tablespoons (fresorange juice.
- Allow the fish to absorb the flavors for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Slice the zucchini into strips with a cheese slicer.
- Brush both sides of the zucchini with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan and fry the zucchini on both sides until you see a grill pattern (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Dice the cherry tomatoes in small cubes.
- Tear the basil leaves into thin strips and add it, along with the thyme with the tomatoes.
- Crumble the feta over the salsa and mix it with 1 tablespoon seasoning oil.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the fish in about 2 minutes on each side until done.
- Roll the fish in the grilled zucchini and collect on a serving platter.
- Spoon the tomato salsa over the fish and serve immediately.