A delicious recipe for Valentines heart cookies. Tasty cookies you bake and decorate with icing. Finish the cookies with a personal message for your love.
With all those romantic movies on tv I can’t help it, but I went straight in a valentine mood. And I decided to make this Valentine heart cookies with a delicious icing. A sweet word or quote written on it and they are ready to be eaten on Valentine’s Day (at least if they last that long).
And of course I share this recipe with you.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Valentines heart cookies
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 200 grams butter unsalted room temperature
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg size L
- 400 grams flour
- pinch salt
- 2 egg whites size L
- 250 grams confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons red syrup
- Stylus with edible red icing
- Mix the butter with the sugar in 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix for another minute.
- Turn the mixer on the lowest setting and add the flour and salt. Mix until you have a dough.
- Wrap it in plastic and lay for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out on a baking paper until you have a thin dough.
- Again put 30 minutes in the refrigerator (that way the dough becomes very cold, and won’t run out as you go baking, so the cookie keeps the exact form)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the cookies in 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then place them on a wire rack.
- Let them continue to cool until room temperature.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the powdered sugar and pour the syrup in. Mix until incorporated.
- First draw a line around the cookie with a piping bag with a thin mouth. Then fill the cookie with the icing.
- Allow to harden for half an hour.
- If you want to write a text, quote or like to make a drawing than you can do that now.