A delicious recipe for Valentines heart cookies. Tasty cookies you bake and decorate with icing. Finish the cookies with a personal message for your love.
With all those romantic movies on tv I can’t help it, but I went straight in a valentine mood. And I decided to make this Valentine heart cookies with a delicious icing. A sweet word or quote written on it and they are ready to be eaten on Valentine’s Day (at least if they last that long).
And of course I share this recipe with you.
- A conventional oven is used. When using a convection oven (with air fan) decrease the temperature with 30 °F / 20 °C
- piping bag
- Rolling Pin
- baking plate
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- plastic foil
- Hand Mixer
- 1⅔ cups butter unsalted room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg size L
- 3¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Icing (or buy ready made)
- ½ pound icing powder
- 2 tablespoons water more if necessary
- 1 Stylus with edible red icing
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the butter with the sugar for 3 minutes until fluffy.1⅔ cups butter, 1 cup sugar
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix for another minute.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg
- Turn the mixer on the lowest setting and add the flour and salt. Mix until you have a dough.3¼ cup all-purpose flour, ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Wrap it in plastic and lay for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out between two baking papers until you have a thin dough. Cut out the cookies with a heart shaped cutter and place them on a baking plate lined with baking paper.
- Put the baking plate 30 minutes in the refrigerator (that way the dough becomes very cold, and won't run out as you go baking, so the cookie keep their form)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F or 320 °F.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then place them on a wire rack.
- Let them continue to cool until room temperature.
- Put the icing powder and water in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add extra water if necessary.½ pound icing powder, 2 tablespoons water
- Put the icing in a piping bag and cut off a small tip.
- First, draw a thin line on the outside of the cookie. Then fill the heart with the icing.
- Allow to harden for half an hour.
- If you want to write a text, quote or like to make a drawing than you can do that now.1 Stylus