A delicious recipe for Valentines heart cookies. Tasty cookies you bake and decorate with icing. Finish the cookies with a personal message for your love.
With all those romantic movies on tv I can’t help it, but I went straight in a valentine mood. And I decided to make this Valentine heart cookies with a delicious icing. A sweet word or quote written on it and they are ready to be eaten on Valentine’s Day (at least if they last that long).
And of course I share this recipe with you.
Valentines heart cookies
- 200 grams butter unsalted room temperature
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg size L
- 400 grams flour
- pinch salt
- 2 egg whites size L
- 250 grams confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons red syrup
- Stylus with edible red icing
- Mix the butter with the sugar in 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix for another minute.
- Turn the mixer on the lowest setting and add the flour and salt. Mix until you have a dough.
- Wrap it in plastic and lay for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out on a baking paper until you have a thin dough.
- Again put 30 minutes in the refrigerator (that way the dough becomes very cold, and won't run out as you go baking, so the cookie keeps the exact form)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the cookies in 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then place them on a wire rack.
- Let them continue to cool until room temperature.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the powdered sugar and pour the syrup in. Mix until incorporated.
- First draw a line around the cookie with a piping bag with a thin mouth. Then fill the cookie with the icing.
- Allow to harden for half an hour.
- If you want to write a text, quote or like to make a drawing than you can do that now.