A recipe for tasty asparagus quiche, a vegetarian variant. With tasty cheeses that are a great combination with the asparagus.
Only available in spring and maybe that's why I always look forward to it: white asparagus. And today a tasty asparagus quiche.
And although I often combine asparagus with ham, this is a vegetarian variant. With tasty cheeses that also combine wonderfully with the asparagus. And that makes this quiche very, very tasty. For example for the Easter brunch.
Recipe asparagus quiche
- 400 grams asparagus white (or green)
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 5 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 4 eggs size L
- 250 grams cream
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 60 grams cheese
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the woody part at the bottom of the asparagus.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and add the salt and sugar.
- Cook the asparagus until done in about 15 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and cut the top of the stem (about 2 cm).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cover a quiche baking form with the puff pastry and cut off the overhang.
- Prick some holes in the puff pastry base with a fork. This allows the air to escape.
- Cut a round of baking paper and place it in the form.
- Cover the baking paper with baking beans.
- Put the mold in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the beans and parchment paper and let the puff pastry bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the stems of the asparagus and 2 eggs in a blender and mash very finely. Mix the asparagus mixture with the rest of the eggs, the cream and two cheeses.
- Pour the asparagus filling into the puff pastry form.
- Spread the asparagus tips over the top of the quiche and place the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche for 40 minutes. You can eat the quiche hot and cold.