A white asparagus quiche is made with fresh white asparagus when in season. It is delicious with ham, and salmon but a variant with a creamy egg mixture flavored with different cheeses will make it complete! This is truly a recipe that is delicious for Easter!
Vegetarian White Asparagus Quiche
But then it will be spring. And there is plenty of white asparagus again. Only available in spring and maybe that's why I always look forward to it. And today a delicious asparagus quiche. And although I often combine asparagus with ham or smoked salmon, this is a vegetarian variant.
The creamy cheese egg mixture is a super combination with the crispy puff pastry crust. A savory pie that you can make quickly and easily and then bake it golden brown in the oven. You then eat the quiche warm or cold.
With a combination of tasty cheeses that enhance the taste of the asparagus. And that makes this quiche very, very tasty. For example for the Easter brunch.
What do you need for a Savory Pie with White Asparagus
For the preparation of this White Asparagus Quiche you need the following ingredients (you can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog):
- White asparagus - The white gold from the black soil. A Dutch speciality (also well known in Germany). Asparagus is available in different classes: class extra, class I, class II and asparagus that fall outside these classes. The extra class is the best quality (and the most expensive) and the quality gets lower in upfollowing classes. The asparagus that falls outside the classes are too short, too thin (or thick) and/or broken. And these are actually ideal for soup or quiches.
- Sugar - Add a little sugar to bring out the flavor of the asparagus.
- Eggs - Baking the quiche causes the eggs to set, which prevents the filling from spreading.
- Cream - For a creamy filling.
- Cheese - Use a combination of cheeses. Parmesan and Gouda cheese are good choices, but Gruyère cheese, for example, is also very tasty.
- Puff Pastry - For making the base.
How to make Crunchy Asparagus Quiche
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Cover a quiche tin with puff pastry and bake blind for 30 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C).
- Boil the asparagus with salt and sugar for 15 minutes.
- Cut 1 inch (2 cm) from the top of the asparagus and put the rest of the stem in the food processor. Add 2 eggs and mash well.
- In a large bowl, place the whipped cream, the rest of the eggs, and cheeses and mix in the asparagus puree.
- Pour the asparagus filling into the baked puff pastry tin.
- Divide the asparagus tips into the filling and bake for 40 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C) until the filling has set. Serve hot or cold.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- A conventional oven is used. When using a convection oven (with air fan) decrease the temperature with 30 °F / 20 °C
- Food processor with knife
- Parchment paper
- Baking Beans Pie Weight
- 5 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 pound asparagus white (or green)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 4 eggs size L
- 1 cup cream
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. cheese Gouda
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
Puff Pastry Bottom
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Cover a quiche baking form with the puff pastry and cut off the overhang.5 sheets puff pastry
- Prick some holes in the puff pastry base with a fork. This allows the air to escape.
- Cut a round of baking paper and place it in the form.
- Cover the baking paper with baking beans.
- Put the mold in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the woody part at the bottom of the asparagus.1 pound asparagus
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and add the salt and sugar.⅛ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon sugar
- Cook the asparagus until done in about 15 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and cut the top of the stem (about 1 inch / 2 cm).
- Remove the beans and parchment paper and let the puff pastry bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the stems of the asparagus and 2 eggs in a blender and mash very finely. Mix the asparagus mixture with the rest of the eggs, the cream, and both kinds of cheese.4 eggs, 1 cup cream, 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, 2 oz. cheese
- Pour the asparagus filling into the puff pastry form.
- Spread the asparagus tips over the top of the quiche and place the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche for 40 minutes. You can eat the quiche hot and cold.
- Refrigerator - The white asparagus quiche can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Freezer - You can also freeze the savory pie with asparagus. Then pack the pieces airtight. It can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month. Let it thaw in the refrigerator.
- Warming up - Cover the quiche with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 350 °F (180 °C) for 15-20 minutes.