A recipe for tasty asparagus quiche, a vegetarian variant. With tasty cheeses that are a great combination with the asparagus.
Only available in spring and maybe that's why I always look forward to it: white asparagus. And today a tasty asparagus quiche.
And although I often combine asparagus with ham, this is a vegetarian variant. With tasty cheeses that also combine wonderfully with the asparagus. And that makes this quiche very, very tasty. For example for the Easter brunch.
Recipe asparagus quiche
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 400 grams asparagus white (or green)
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 5 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 4 eggs size L
- 250 grams cream
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 60 grams cheese
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the woody part at the bottom of the asparagus.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and add the salt and sugar.
- Cook the asparagus until done in about 15 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and cut the top of the stem (about 2 cm).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cover a quiche baking form with the puff pastry and cut off the overhang.
- Prick some holes in the puff pastry base with a fork. This allows the air to escape.
- Cut a round of baking paper and place it in the form.
- Cover the baking paper with baking beans.
- Put the mold in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the beans and parchment paper and let the puff pastry bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the stems of the asparagus and 2 eggs in a blender and mash very finely. Mix the asparagus mixture with the rest of the eggs, the cream and two cheeses.
- Pour the asparagus filling into the puff pastry form.
- Spread the asparagus tips over the top of the quiche and place the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche for 40 minutes. You can eat the quiche hot and cold.