Chicken mozzarella kebabs, delicious grillend on the bbq. The soft creamy mozzarella blends with the chicken and the sweet roasted cherry tomatoes. A hint of basil completes the flavor palette.
A new summer recipe. Again made on our skottelbraai, but this recipe can also be made on a barbecue. The combination mozzarella, basil and chicken breast is surprising and a real nice variation on the usual chicken kebab (which can be nice to). You probably know the combination tomato, basil and mozzarella as it's quite a classic, but this is quite a new way.
We ate it with grilled baguette and a Caprese salad (tomato, basil and mozzarella) and it was refreshing and delicious. This is a recipe we certainly are going to make again and again.
- The real Mozzarella (with the most taste) can only be called so when it is made from the buffalo milk from the Naples region. Mozzarella, as all cheese, is best eaten at room temperature.
- By wrapping the Mozzarella in basil leaves before stuffing into the chicken fillet, the skewer will not "leak" cheese when barbecuing.
- To prevent your saté prickers from burning put them in a bowl of water for an hour before you prick the chicken on the skewer.
Chicken mozzarella kebabs
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 125 grams mozzarella
- 10 grams basil fresh
- 50 gram cherry tomatoes
- 2 eetlepels olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast in long small strips.
- Lay the strips between two plastic sheets and beat the chicken with a meat hammer very flat. If you don't have a meat hammer on your vacation address (neither did I), use a rolling pin, can or an empty wine bottle.
- Cut the mozzarella in small strips of 1 x 1.5 cm.
- Cover the mozzarella with one or two basil leaves.
- Roll the mozzarella-basil in the chicken strip.
- Pin the chicken package on a stick. Next you pin a cherry tomato on the skewer.
- Repeat this and end with a chicken package.
- Make a number of sticks this way.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put on the skottelbraai or bbq and grill until they are done.