Cucumber with herb cream cheese and tomato appetizers: Fresh, creamy, and very suitable to make for big groups, like at a potluck party. An airy appetizer whereas the cream cheese, give the cucumber just a bit of spice and the tomato a great color effect (and taste)
Last Saturday I had a party and we all had to bring a little appetizer. That's something I love to do and I was really excited about it. There are only a few but's.
Since it is on location, I do not want to depend on the equipment of the host. The oven therefore can't be used. I also didn't want to use the stove, because you withdraw yourself from the party for some time and that's just not what you want at that moment.
Because it will stand on the table for some time, I think raw fish and meat also are not so convenient. So after some thought and weigh all the options, I came up with this idea: cucumber rounds with homemade herb cream cheese, and tomato. And it was a success: the plate was empty home.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Cucumber with herb cream cheese and tomato
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
Herb cream cheese
- 200 grams cream cheese room temperature
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- ½ teaspoon parsley dried
- ½ clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt at taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 10 grams parsley fresh
Herb cream cheese
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add the oregano and parsley.
- Squeeze half the garlic clove above the bowl. Also, add the lemon juice.
- Mix 2 minutes with the hand mixer, so it becomes fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the cream cheese into a piping bag with a cartel mouth.
- Wash the cucumber well and use a zester to peel long strings from the outside of the cucumber so you get a nice relief.
- Cut the cucumber in slices of about 3 mm thickness.
- Pipe the cream cheese nicely with the piping bag on the cucumber.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place a tomato half on each dot of cream cheese.
- Garnish with parsley