Fresh, creamy and very suitable to make for big groups, like at a potluck party. An airy appetizer where as the cream cheese, give the cucumber just a bit spice and the tomato a great color effect (and taste)
Last Saturday I had a New Year's party and we all had to bring a little appetizer. That's something I love to do and I was really excited about it. There are only a few but's.
Since it is on location, I do not want to depend on the equipment of the host. The oven therefor can't be used. I als didn't want to use the stove, because you withdraw yourself from the party for some time and that's just not what you want at that moment.
Because it will stand on the table for some time, I think raw fish and meat also are not so convenient. So after some thought, Pinterest searches and weigh all the options, I came up with this idea: cucumber rounds with homemade herb cream cheese and tomato. And it was a success: the plate was empty home.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Cucumber with herb cream cheese and
Did you make this cucumber with herb cream cheese and tomato? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Cucumber with herb cream cheese and tomato
Herb cream cheese
- 200 grams cream cheese room temperature
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- ½ teaspoon parsley dried
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 drop lemon juice
- salt and pepper at taste
- 1 cucumber
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- handful parsley fresh
Herb cream cheese
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add the oregano and parsley.
- Squeeze half the garlic clove above the bowl. Also add the lemon juice.
- Mix 2 minutes with the hand mixer, so it becomes fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the cream cheese into a piping bag with cartel mouth.
- Wash the cucumber well and use a zester to peel long strings from the outside of the cucumber so you get a nice relief.
- Cut the cucumber in slices of about 3 mm thickness.
- Pipe the cream cheese nicely with the piping bag on the cucumber.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place a tomato half on each dot of cream cheese.
- Garnish with parsley
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer