Easy chicken gratin is tender chicken flavored with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Only 5 minutes work and the oven does the rest.Really delicious!
A tasty dish for weekdays. Easy to prepare and full of flavor. Half an hour in the oven and in that time you can do something for yourself. Relax or play with the children until the dish is ready. Delicious.
- Do not slice the chicken all the way through. Otherwise, the pesto will run out when baking in the oven.
- If you can lay your hand on use semi-sun dried tomatoes. They're great because they won't burn as quickly.
- After 15 minutes, check that the chicken is not getting too brown. Otherwise, cover the dish with aluminum foil. (Repeat and check every five minutes)
- Replace the pesto with this lactose free red pesto and the cheese with supermarkt bought lactose free cheese for a lactose free recipe.
- Instead of green pesto, use red pesto, which is very tasty in combination with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- You make grated cheese from a block of cheese (pre-cut slices and cubes are much more expensive. Often you can do this well from the piece that is bet under the wax layer that you normally throw away)
- You can make breadcrumbs yourself by drying old leftover bread for a couple of days and then grinding it (or beating it small with a rolling pin. Put it in a bag, otherwise it becomes a mess).
- Buying cress in the supermarket is very expensive. But seeds aren't. Buy some seed and sprinkle it in a jar. You can use the seed package a couple of times. That way you've got your own supply within 2 to 3 days. If you moisten quite often, then it will come along way. To have your own seed for the next year, plant extra and let it grow until it gets flowers. Let them dry and harvest the buds, that will be your new seeds. Good luck!)
With these budget friendly savings, this recipe is € 1.50 per person (4 persons)
- Let the chicken cool down quickly and keep it covered up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- You can also freeze it. Let the chicken cool and put it in a freezer bag or container. The chicken meat will remain good for 2 months.
Other delicious chicken
- Chicken pot pie muffins, a tasty pie filled with chicken from the oven. Easy to prepare.
- Roast chicken with potatoes, easy and made in no time.
- Chicken soup with coconut milk, leftover chicken? Use them to make this soup.
- Oriental chicken soup, another delicious recipe to use your homemade chicken stock.
It's a good taste!
Recipe easy chicken
Did you make this easy chicken gratin? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Easy chicken gratin
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 50 grams old cheese
- 4 tablespoons cress
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chicken with a knife till ⅔ (not through and through).
- Smear the inside with pesto and close the chicken fillet.
- Place the chicken fillet in an oven dish and repeat step 2 and 3 for the other chicken fillets.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into pieces and sprinkle them over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and grate old cheese over it.
- Put the chicken fillets in the oven for 35 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with cress.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.