French toast de luxe, a delicious recipe for a brunch, flavored with orange, Cointreau and delicious spices. You won't stop after eating one!
Did you know that French toast recipe is actually quite economical and thrifty. It was often used to process old scraps of bread. By soaking the bread in a egg mixture the bread became delicious again and it could be eaten. And I still do do that sometimes.
In my family we are pretty spoiled and prefer to eat fresh bread. Because we live with five people in one house a bread a day, with no leftovers is common. But very occasionally, there are some slices left. My boys are eating at a friends house, are less hungry (or maybe snacked too much?) , and I am left with a couple of slices as a leftover. The next day they end up on the table as French toast. And the boys ? They find that one of the most delicious lunch dishes, so they are happy to.
For easter or a delicious brunch French toast is really delicious but this pimped version is a real hit. Adding a few additional flavors gives a little extra and makes it just a bit more luxurious . In my familiy it was received with cheers, maybe by yours too?
- Make sure to soak the bread for at least 1 minute on each side and also drain it briefly. This way you get the best French toast that are well filled with egg, but not too.
- When eating with children make sure you won't use Cointreau. Alcohol and children are a no go.
- Replace the cointreau with Grand Marnier. Also a delicious substitute is Licor43
- Replace the cinnamon with gingerbread spices
- Delicious with these French toast is a glass of fresh orange juice
- Drop the Cointreau.
- Replace the light brown caster sugar with regular sugar.
- Replace the juice of an orange with 6 tablespoons of orange juice. Omit the orange zest.
- Replace the butter with margarine.
- Drop the honey.
This budget friendly recipe is (when you have the currant bread left): € 0.30 per French toast
- If you can't serve your French toast immediately, bake the French toast in advance, but don't pour honey and orange on them yet. Keep them warm in an oven of 100 degrees Celsius until you serve them.
- You can not store French toast.
Other delicious lunch
- Fall quiche with pumpkin and sweet potato
- Luxe sandwiches with creamy chicken mousse
- Spinach pancakes
- Kentucky sushi rolls
- Original Dutch sausage rolls
It's a good taste!
Recipe French toast de
Did you make this French toast de Luxe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
French toast de Luxe
- frying pan
- 4 slices raisin bread
- 2 eggs size L
- ½ orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cointreau
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 orange zest
- Mix the eggs with the orange juice, Cointreau, sugar and cinnamon and beat well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place a slice of raisin bread in the egg mixture and turn around and let the other side briefly soak in the mixture.
- Bake the bread on both sides in the melted butter (about 1 minute per side) or until it is ready (when it is golden brown in color on both sides).
- Pour a little honey over the French toast and sprinkle with orange zest.
- Repeat for all slices of raisin bread.
- Serve immediately. If you can not serve immediately bake the French toast, but don't pour the honey and orange on them yet.
- Keeps them warm in the oven at 100 degrees Celsius until serving time.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.