Indian chicken korma is a mildly spiced chicken recipe with a thick sauce. Marinated in yogurt and cooked in coconut milk and spices. Very pure and delicious, made from scratch
Indian food, with it's delicious spices, is always great. And not that difficult to prepare yourself, so throw out the packs, sacks and pre-prepared food and start yourself and within the hour (+ some extra time for marinating the chicken, but you can start the night before with that), you prepare for yourself and family this delicious Indian chicken korma.
The recipe is great with side dishes like basmati rice, freshly sliced cucumber and a salad.
Afterwards you add some fresh coriander to the bowl. If you don't like that (and you love coriander or you dislike it, there seems to be no in between) then you can use fresh parsley. And you can add some almond shivers at taste (but it also tastes great without)
It's a good taste!
Recipe Indian chicken
Did you make this Indian chicken korma? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Indian Chicken korma
- 1 red peppers deseeded and sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 cm ginger fresh, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 250 ml yogurt skinny
- 400 gram chicken breast cut in cubes of 2 x 2 cm
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 5 twigs coriander if you don't like it use parsley instead
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds Optional
- Make a marinate with pepper, garlic, ginger, garam masala and yogurt.
- Keep stirring until everything is mixed well.
- Add the chicken and mix until all the chicken is covered.
- Leave to marinate for 4 hours. You can also start marinating the night before.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken and marinate to a pan and bring to the boil. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Turn the heat low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the lid of and turn the heat to medium. Let it boil for another 5 minutes (the sauce will slightly thicken)
- Serve and sprinkle some coriander (or parsley) and (optional) almond slices on top.