A recipe for orange cookies, with a hint of nutmeg and orange. The cookies are easy to make and has a delicious taste. Nice for Dutch King's Day!
Bart (my middle son) has his birthday today. Indeed, together with the king of The Netherlands. And that that is very special is known to him. He has already received a real remembrance coin and a medal and been allowed to plant a tree to celebrate this special day.
And everyone is got a free day on his birthday. And maybe if he is a bit bigger, that way he can have a nice party with his friends on his birthday and they all can come to party.
Because today is also the birthday of the King, I thought it would be nice to bake something Orange (the colour / name that's connected to our King, it's the house of Orange). That became these orange cookies. We all thought it was delicious. So congratulations Bart (and of course King Willem Alexander too ;-))
Recipe Orange cookies
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 490 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 375 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated
- 150 grams butter
- 2 eggs size L
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur for example Gran Marnier
- 50 grams candied orange peel finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the baking tray with butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg and stir well with a fork.
- In a second bowl, put the butter with the sugar and mix until fluffy (about 3 minutes)
- Then add the eggs one by one, while continuing to mix and then whisk in the orange liqueur.
- Add the flour and ladle it into the batter with a mixer on low speed.
- Divide the candied orange over the batter and mix with a spatula.
- On the baking sheet, form an oval cake about 2 cm thick.
- Put the plate in the oven and let the cookie become golden brown in about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Cut the cake into pieces (about the size of a matchbox)