Salmon smoked with tea, with a crunchy wasabi latke and green beans. A delicious dinner recipe.
I've made tea smoked salmon with wasabi latkes. I've found the recipe at www.foodnetwork.com.
It's really an easy recipe but the unique taste of the smoked salmon combined with the spicy latkes was delicious. My childeren loved it and so did my husband and I.
Here's the recipe for the smoked salmon with wasabi latkes. Enjoy it.
It's a good taste!
Salmon smoked in tea with wasabi
Did you make this Salmon smoked in tea with latkes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
salmon smoked in tea with wasabi latkes
- 1 pound salmon fillet center cut, skin off
- 120 ml mirin
- 120 ml water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup ginger sliced julien
- 1 teaspoon Szechwan peppercorns toasted
- 1 cup rice long grain
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup tea oolong
Wasabi Potato "latkes"
- 2 cups potatoes, warm, boiled in salted water for 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup green scallions sliced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder mixed with a little water to form a paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Cut the salmon in 4 equal pieces and place in a small hotel pan or baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together mirin, water, sugar and salt, stir until dissolved. Add ginger and peppercorns to liquid.
- Pour the brine on salmon and marinate for 1 hour. Pull salmon out of brine and place in a bamboo steamer.
- In a wok lined with foil add the rice, sugar and tea. Mix well and turn wok on medium heat. When mixture starts to smolder, place bamboo steamer on top. Seal the seam between the bamboo steamer and wok with wet cloths. Turn wok down to low and smoke for 15 minutes.
- Turn wok off and let smoke another 15 minutes. The salmon will be about medium rare and should be served warm.
Wasabi Potato "latkes"
- In a bowl, mix warm potatoes and butter.
- Mix in scallions, horseradish and wasabi.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape potato mixture into 2 1/2 inch diamater cakes.
- Dredge the cakes in flour followed by egg and finally panko.
- Deep fry cakes at 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius) until golden brown.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.