Salmon smoked with tea, with a crunchy wasabi latke and green beans. A delicious dinner recipe.
I've made tea-smoked salmon with wasabi latkes. I've found the recipe at www.foodnetwork.com.
It's really an easy recipe but the unique taste of the smoked salmon combined with the spicy latkes was delicious. My children loved it and so did my husband and me.
Here's the recipe for the smoked salmon with wasabi latkes. Enjoy it.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
salmon smoked in tea with wasabi latkes
- 500 grams salmon fillet center cut, skin off
- 120 ml mirin
- 120 ml water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 25 grams fresh ginger sliced julien
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn toasted
- 200 grams white rice long grain
- 200 grams sugar
- 250 ml tea brewed, oolong
Wasabi Potato "latkes"
- 500 gram potatoes, warm, boiled in salted water for 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green scallions sliced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder mixed with a little water to form a paste
- salt and pepper
- 130 grams all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs size L, beaten
- 150 grams bread crumbs
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Cut the salmon into 4 equal pieces and place in a small hotel pan or baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix mirin, water, sugar, and salt, stir until dissolved. Add ginger and peppercorns to the liquid.
- Pour the brine on salmon and marinate for 1 hour. Pull salmon out of brine and place in a bamboo steamer.
- In a wok lined with foil add the rice, sugar, and tea. Mix well and turn wok on medium heat. When the mixture starts to smolder, place the bamboo steamer on top. Seal the seam between the bamboo steamer and wok with wet cloths. Turn wok down to low and smoke for 15 minutes.
- Turn wok off and let smoke another 15 minutes. The salmon will be about medium rare and should be served warm.
Wasabi Potato "latkes"
- In a bowl, mix warm potatoes and butter.
- Mix in scallions, horseradish, and wasabi.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape potato mixture into 2 ½ inches (6 cm) diameter cakes.
- Dredge the cakes in flour followed by the egg and finally panko.
- Deep fry cakes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) until golden brown.