A spoom is a delightful change in between the courses of the Christmas dinner. This fresh spoom with pomegranate yogurt ice cream is somehow different from the usual and super refreshing, tasty and elegant.
I am in the midst of preparations for my Christmas dinner. I start early with that, with planning and shopping. So I save myself in a lot of Christmas stress. So after the appetizer of duck breast, smoked chicken with avocado and broccoli with a cappuccino I went further with a spoom of pomegranate yogurt ice with prosecco.
When you indeed wonder if I really am so lucky with my three children that they all this without complaining to eat. That is not true. I try to let my children taste many flavors, they are children. And they were yesterday fond of tomatoes but today that can be very different at once. I'm going to make for them some child friendly dishes to go with it and I'm going to blog after the timing of the Christmas dinner. So we have adults and children that are all happy at Christmas dinner.
- you have an ice machine, make the ice cream with it. Let it run for 20 minutes, and then put the ice cream in the freezer.
- pomegranate seeds are available without having to harvest them from the fruit yourself. This is really a must. I'm still removing pomegranate residue from the last time 😉
- the kids join dinner, fill this spoom with "non alcoholic, children" wine instead of prosecco. So it still looks festive and alcohol free. Also fine for the pregnant and non-alcoholics among us.
- This is delicious when serving a dinner as an refreshing appetizer between soup and main meal.
- The ice cream can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer in an airtight box. When ice crystals are formed on top of the ice cream, you better won't use it.
Other delicious spoom and ice cream
It's a good taste!
Recipe spoom with pomegranate yogurt ice and
Did you make this spoom with pomegranate yogurt ice and Prosecco? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Spoom with pomegranate yogurt ice and Prosecco
- 200 ml pomegranate juice
- 400 mL Greek yogurt
- 50 mL pomegranate syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bottle prosecco
- pomegranate seeds
- Combine the pomegranate juice with the yogurt, syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour in a freezer container and store in the freezer.
- Take the container out of the freezer every half an hour to whisk the yogurt ice with a fork. That way you get a smoother ice cream without lumps. Repeat this for about 6 times (or you can’t whisk anymore)
- Store the ice in the freezer until 15 minutes before using it.
- Take a champagne glass and putt a ball of ice in the glass
- Pour the prosecco on the ice and garnish the drink with pomegranate seeds.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.