It's almost Halloween, and this Easy Chocolate Mousse Graveyard Dessert is entirely in the mood for this super fun party. This is easy to make for dessert, which is also very tasty and full of chocolate. Brownies, Biscoff cookies, Chocolate mousse, and everything decorated after a real cemetery. This makes Halloween fun!
Easy Chocolate Mousse Graveyard
Perhaps this dessert looks laborious, but that's far beyond the truth. It is just how difficult (or easy) you make it yourself. When you buy different ingredients in your supermarket, you only have to decorate them, and you can easily make four desserts in 10 minutes.
Preparation in advance
You make this recipe just before you eat it, but would you prepare it in advance, then do it like this: Make the cookies (describe them with the chocolate) and wrap them airtight, so they won't go soft.
You also keep the sugar flowers aside in an airtight container. The chocolate mousse with a brownie can be made in advance. Keep it in the refrigerator until used. You can make this recipe a maximum of 1 day in advance.
Do you need more Halloween inspiration? Then, take a quick look at my many other recipes for Halloween.
What do you need for Graveyard Chocolate Mousse Cups?
To prepare this easy chocolate mouse graveyard, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Chocolate mousse - Do you want to make it really easy for yourself? Buy a ready-made chocolate mousse at the supermarket. But this recipe for a simple chocolate mousse is delicious and easy to make too!
- Biscoff cookies - You can use Biscoff biscuits for the tombstones. Make sure to write it on the back for a nicer effect.
- Brownies - You make earth on the chocolate mousse by crumbling the brownies. Lovely dirt ;-). Buy the brownies ready-made, or create your fudgy brownies easily.
- Chocolate Writing Pen - These are available in the supermarket or (online) cooking and baking stores. Before use, heat them in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes, then you can write the letters better.
- Sugar flowers - Are available at (online) cooking and baking stores.
- Cocoa - Dusting the top with a hint of cocoa makes it even more real.
How to prepare Halloween Chocolate Mousse?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Fill the glasses with chocolate mousse. Crumble the brownies on top of the mousse.
- Place a cookie in front of you and write R.I.P. on the cookie with chocolate. Use the back for a more admirable effect.
- Carefully place the biscuit in the back of the glass. Dust the top of the brownies with a little extra cocoa.
- Decorate with sugar flowers.
- If you fill the glasses with the chocolate mousse, you don't want to touch the sides. This can best be done in two ways:
- With a spoon and aim well above the glass (do not drip on the sides). Usually, this method works well.
- With method 2, you are even more sure you'll keep your glasses clean. Put the chocolate mousse in a piping bag and pipe the chocolate mousse into the cups.
- If you accidentally hit the side with the mousse, use a paper towel to get it clean. Make sure you always use a clean piece of paper. Chocolate mousse is very greasy, and otherwise, you will get streaks.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- 1 pound chocolate mousse
- 6 oz. brownie
- 4 Biscoff Cookies
- 1 Writing pen chocolate dark chocolate
- Dutch unprocessed cocoa to garnish
- 8 sugar flowers
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Divide the chocolate mousse over four glasses. Make sure the top stays clean, or clean it with a paper towel for beautiful layers.1 pound chocolate mousse
- Crumble the brownie on top of the mousse. Make sure you have a layer of about ½ inch (1 cm) thickness.6 oz. brownie
- Put the cookies in front of you. Write with the chocolate writing pen R.I.P. on the back of the coffee biscuit.4 Biscoff Cookies, 1 Writing pen chocolate
- Stick the coffee biscuit in the brownie.
- Dust everything with some cocoa.Dutch unprocessed cocoa
- Put two sugar flowers in the brownie in front of each tombstone.8 sugar flowers
- Serve immediately.
- In advance - To make this ahead of time, write R.I.P. on the back of the cookies and pack them airtight (so all you need to do is pop them in). You can store them at room temperature for up to 2 days. This also applies to the sugar flowers. Keep the mousse with brownie covered with foil in the refrigerator until use. This keeps it good for up to 2 days.