As promised, today the schedule for the Italian buffet. With reference to the recipes and a time table.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Planning and time table
Up to 2 weeks ahead
- Prepare the Bolognese quiches and freeze.
1 week before the buffet
- Bake the focaccia with Italian herbs, parmesan, and tomatoes and freeze it.
- Toast the pine nuts for the tomato salad with pesto and pine nuts.
Up to 3 days before
- Bake the cupcakes for the Tiramisu cupcakes dessert.
Up to 2 days before the buffet
- Prepare the pesto for tomato salad with pesto and pine nuts, store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
1 day before
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes for the spaghetti with prawns and arugula into strips. Save them to use in an airtight container.
- For the fast macaroni you fry the bacon with the onions and fry the minced beef. Add the tomato paste and let it fry gently. This mixture can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator until use.
- Put the Prosecco for the peach Bellini's in the refrigerator.
- Take the champagne glasses to wipe them clean.
- Thaw the phyllo dough, but do not remove the plastic (spinach ricotta and feta cake).
- For the same cake, you prepare the garlic butter.
- Shave the Parmesan cheese for tomato salad with pesto and pine nuts and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Buffet: morning tasks
- Blanch the peaches and remove the peel. Puree the flesh with lemon juice. Put it in the fridge so it's ready when preparing the Bellini's later.
- Make the topping of cupcakes and pipe on the cupcake. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator;
- Make the filling of ricotta, spinach, and feta cake.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices for the tomato salad. Place a damp paper towel in a small container. Place the tomatoes on it and close the tray off. Put to use in the refrigerator.
Early in the afternoon
- Prepare the spinach ricotta and feta cakes and bake them. Store it in a cool dry area (not in the fridge!).
For your signature welcome cocktails
- Add some peach puree at the bottom of the champagne glass. Fill with Prosecco.
1 hour before start buffet
- Preheat the oven to 465 degrees Fahrenheit (240 degrees Celsius).
45 minutes before start
- Sprinkle the focaccia with Italian herbs, tomato and parmesan cheese with grated cheese and bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Fold the bread in aluminum foil so that it is still a bit warm when the buffet starts.
- Turn the oven back to 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
30 minutes before start buffet
- Put two large pots on high heat on the stove, with plenty of water to cook the macaroni for the fast macaroni and in the other pan for spaghetti for the spaghetti with shrimp and arugula.
25 minutes before start buffet
- For the tomato salad with pine nuts and parmesan cheese lay the tomatoes on the (little) plates, spread the pesto over it, then the pine nuts, pepper, grated cheese and end with a drizzle of olive oil;
- Bake the quiches 20-25 minutes in the oven and serve immediately. Defrosting the quiches is not necessary.
10 minutes before the start
- Cut the ricotta spinach and feta cake into slices and place on serving dish.
- Cook the spaghetti for the spaghetti with prawns and arugula.
- Cook the macaroni for superfast macaroni.
- Warm the beef mixture for the fast macaroni on low heat on the stove.
- Stir-fry the shrimp and sundried tomatoes for the spaghetti with shrimp and arugula.
- Place the focaccia with tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning on a breadboard with a knife.
- Put the ricotta spinach feta cake on the buffet table.
- Put the tomato salad with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese on the buffet table;
- Put the quiches on cake trays and serve.
- Mix the beef mixture well with the macaroni for superfast macaroni. Put in a nice bowl on the buffet.
- Combine the shrimp, sundried tomato, and spaghetti and toss together in a nice bowl. Sprinkle the arugula on top.
- Serve the tiramisu cupcakes on tart platters.