An Italian buffet is always a hit when having a party. And with this schedule and recipes it can not fail!
As promised, today the schedule for the Italian buffet. With reference to the recipes and a time table.
Italian buffet recipes and
It’s a good taste!
(v = vegetarian)
- Bellini cocktail (v)
- Tomato salad with Parmesan, pesto and pine nuts (v)
- Spinach ricotta and feta cake (v)
- Bolognese quiches
- Focaccia with tomato, Italian herbs and Parmesan (v)
- fast macaroni
- spaghetti with shrimp, sundried tomatoes and arugula
Up to 2 weeks ahead:
- Make the Bolognese quiches and freeze.
1 week before the buffet:
- Make the focaccia with Italian herbs, parmesan and tomatoes and freeze him;
- Toast the pine nuts for the tomato salad with pesto and pine nuts
Up to 3 days before:
- Make the cupcakes for the Tiramisu cupcakes dessert;
Up to 2 days before:
- Make the pesto for tomato salad with pesto and pine nuts, store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
1 day before:
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes for the spaghetti with prawns and arugula into strips. Save them to use in an airtight container;
- For the fast macaroni you fry the bacon with the onions and fry the minced beef. Add the tomato paste and let it fry gently. This mixture can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator until use;
- Put the Prosecco for the bellini’s in the refrigerator;
- Take the champagne glasses wipe them clean;
- Thaw the phyllo dough, but do not remove the plastic (spinach ricotta and feta cake);
- For the same cake you prepare the garlic butter;
- Shave the Parmesan cheese for tomato salad with pesto and pine nuts and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Morning of the buffet:
- Blanch the peaches and remove the peel. Puree the flesh with lemon juice. Put it in the fridge so it’s ready when preparing the Bellini’s later;
- Make the topping of cupcakes and pipe on the cupcake. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator;
- Make the filling of ricotta, spinach and feta cake;
- Cut the tomatoes into slices. Place a damp paper towel in a small container. Place the tomatoes on it and close the tray off. Put to use in refrigerator.
Early in the afternoon:
- Prepare the spinach ricotta and feta cakes and fry him. Store it in a cool dry area (not in the fridge!).
For the cocktail:
- Add some peach puree at the bottom of the champagne glass. Fill with prosecco.
1 hour before start buffet:
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
45 minutes before start buffet:
- Sprinkle the focaccia with Italian herbs, tomato and parmesan cheese with grated cheese and bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Fold the bread in aluminum foil so that it is still a bit warm when the buffet starts.
- Turn the oven back to 200 degrees.
30 minutes before start buffet:
- Put two large pans on high heat on the stove, with plenty of water to cook the macaroni for the fast macaroni and in the other pan for spaghetti for the spaghetti with shrimp and arugula.
25 minutes before start buffet
- For the tomato salad with pine nuts and parmesan cheese lay the tomatoes on the (little) plates, spread the pesto over it, then the pine nuts, pepper, grated cheese and end with a drizzle of olive oil;
15 minutes before start buffet
- Cut the ricotta spinach and feta cake into slices and place on serving dish.
10 minutes before start buffet
- Cook the spaghetti for the spaghetti with prawns and arugula;
- Cook the macaroni for superfast macaroni;
- Warm the beef mixture for the fast macaroni on low heat on the stove;
- Stir-fry the shrimp and sundried tomatoes for the spaghetti with shrimp and arugula.
- Place the focaccia with tomatoes, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning on a breadboard with knife;
- Put the ricotta spinach feta cake on the buffet table;
- Put the tomato salad with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese on the buffet table;
- Put the quiches on cake trays and serve;
- Mix the beef mixture well with the macaroni for superfast macaroni. Put in a nice bowl on the buffet;
- Combine the shrimp, sundried tomato and spaghetti and toss together in a nice bowl. Sprinkle the arugula on top.
- Serve the tiramisu cupcakes on tart platters.