This Italian pasta salad is tasty, refreshing, creamy and delicious as a side dish, for example for a bbq.
In our village it's the last week of our oldest on his primary school. He went to this school with great pleasure for eight years. And in honor of their farewell a bbq was organized.
Of course, some tasty salads were supposed to be made and it seemed fun to make them by the children from the class. And so the ladies and gentlemen went to work. The result: An Italian pasta salad made by 8th grade!
- You cook the pasta and rinse it off immediately with cold water. It you didn't, you've cooked the pasta al dente but because of the warmth it cooked further afterwards and you got a soft pasta;
- Because the pasta was immediately mixed with the oil after rinsing, it sticks a lot less.
- after cooking the pasta was refrigerated for at least 2 hours. Therefor, the flavors became more intense.
1 day before:
- This salad can be made one day before you are going to eat it. Cover it with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pasta salad with tomatoes and
Pasta salad with tomatoes and old cheese
This recipe is:
- 500 gram pasta
- 60 mL olive oil
- 300 gram cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cucumber
- 10 onions or a shallot
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper at taste
- 20 basil leaves
- 50 grams old cheese grated
- Cook the pasta al dente according to instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Put in a bowl and mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil through the pasta. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the cucumber into quarters and then into slices.
- Chop the onions.
- Tear the basil into strips.
- Mix the tomatoes, cucumber, basil and chopped onions through the pasta.
- In a second bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the remaining olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the dressing into the pasta.
- Allow at least two hours to come at taste in the refrigerator.
- Grate some cheese on top and serve.