A Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl is the perfect breakfast on a Summer day or for your next brunch. Fresh fruit, fibers, and creamy. This quick and easy breakfast mousse is excellent when in a hurry, and you want something truly delicious!
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl
When you eat this outside on the terras, you think you are on the beach. You feel your feed slide through the sand. The sun shines, and the water flows. It's the holiday season.
When you open your eyes, real life takes you back. Your feet are in the sandbox of the little one, and your youngest is watering the sand to make a mud bath. Back to reality, but the relaxed feeling stays for just a while. Enjoy.
A smoothie bowl is almost the same as a smoothie. But instead of drinking it, you'll use a spoon to clean your bowl! It's a thick, rich, and creamy breakfast. And filling and healthy.
What do you need for a Strawberry Oat Smoothie Bowl?
To prepare this Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Strawberries - Use fresh strawberries if you can get them. Strawberries are best in late spring and summer. Otherwise, they may taste watery. When out of season, you can also use frozen strawberries. You can make this smoothie bowl with strawberries, but raspberries are also delicious.
- Strawberry Jam - To sweeten the smoothie bowl. Add it as a topping and stir it through when you're going to eat it!
- Greek Yogurt - This yogurt makes the smoothie bowl thick and creamy. You can substitute it with Greek-style yogurt.
- Rolled oats - Rolled oats are rich in fiber. They make this strawberry smoothie bowl thick and ultra filling. It will keep you full all morning. If you think your bowl is too thin, add an extra tablespoon of oats.
How do you prepare this creamy Oat & Strawberry Bowl?
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Put the strawberries in the bowl and mash them with a fork. This strawberry oatmeal smoothie bowl got small pieces of strawberries. If you don't want that, you can also purée the mousse in the blender.
- Add Greek yogurt.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the oats and garnish with strawberry jam.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl
- 15 strawberries washed, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon jam strawberry, raspberry whatever you like.
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Take a fork and mash the strawberries.15 strawberries
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and oats.½ cup Greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- Stir well until all is mixed.
- Pour everything in a glass or bowl.
- Garnish with jam.1 teaspoon jam
- Refrigerator - Cover and store them in the fridge for two days.
- Freezer - Put the smoothie in a ziplock bag. Let defrost in the fridge the night before. Add to your bowl, stir it well, and add some toppings.