Tarte soleil recipe: Crispy pastry wrapped in a Boursin crust and sprinkled with Italian seasoning. Only 4 ingredients, it's a simple recipe
It's time for the monthly food blog swap, where I cook from another foodblog. Always a party and so this time too, where I searched through the blog Cookingdom (Dutch blog) looking for a delicious recipe. That was not easy because Arieta has written lots of delicious recipes on her blog. Good food and easy recipes for healthy meals and sweet baked goods is her slogan. That's a party for my food heart . And that's when I let my eye fall on this tarte soleil recipe. That looked very intriguing. And when I was reading the recipe I almost thought it was going to be too easy. Only four! ingredients. All tasty ingredients that's true, but still not very much. So, I decided to accept the challenge, and on Sunday, as we always have some delicious appetizers (e.g. most of the times) I served it and I had a winner. I know it might look very complicated to make, but it was actually super simple. I've made some pictures for the record and made a video of it. So see for yourself that it looks great, without being difficult to prepare. The video can be found at the recipe.
- With puff pastry, the side that the plastic sheet is on is the one that sticks best. You use them faced down or if you want to stick something together.
- Instead of Boursin you can also use garlic butter, fresh parsley and some grated cheese.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and some garlic on top.
- Instead of Boursin, use a bowl of herb cream cheese.
The budget friendly version costs € 1.60
- If you should have any leftovers (which seems almost impossible), you can't keep it. This is a recipe that you eat right away.
Other delicious puff pastry
It's a good taste!
Recipe Tarte Soleil with pastry and
Did you make this Tarte Soleil with pastry and Boursin? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterest so you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Tarte Soleil with puff pastry and Boursin
- 8 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 100 grams Boursin
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lay 4 slices of puff pastry against each other and press the sides firmly.
- Take a round shape of about 20 cm and slice a circle with a sharp knife. I used one of my plates.
- Place the round puff pastry on the baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the pastry with the Boursin. Keep about 1 cm from the outside, so you can easily press down the edges.
- Brush the edge with water.
- Make another circle, as described above from the other sheets of puff pastry. Put that circle on top of the Boursin.
- In the middle of the circle, put a small glass or bowl.
- Cut the puff pastry into quarters with a sharp knife.
- Cut each quarter in half, you now have eight triangles of dough.
- Halve these triangles with a sharp knife.
- And do this again, so you end with 32 strands. In the film it is clearly shown how the dough is cut.
- Turn each strand gently on its axis, about 3 times.
- Grab the egg yolk and beat him loose with a tablespoon of water. Brush each strand.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the pastry and put the baking tray into the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes and serve immediately.
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat