These delicious breakfast tomatoes with egg from the oven are the recipe you are looking for if you want to make a healthy and easy recipe for breakfast. The stuffed tomatoes are filled with Parmesan cheese, egg, and Italian herbs. Low in carbohydrates, healthy and delicious. A delicious recipe for breakfast and brunch.
Breakfast Tomatoes with Eggs
Today I will share a healthy breakfast with you. These super delicious tomatoes are filled with egg, Parmesan cheese, and a delightful Italian herb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes, and set the table while it starts to smell nice.
The tomatoes are easiest to serve on a small plate with a knife and fork. By the way, another tip: make sure you put the tomatoes straight in your casserole dish. That sounds very logical, but the tomatoes have a slight bulge at the bottom, so there is a danger of falling.
Cutting a small strip off the bottom to make it straight is impossible because the tomato skin is very thin, and your egg will run out. So I placed the tomatoes on a small square of aluminum foil. But of course, you can also use an egg cup.
What do you need for Egg Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes?
To prepare this breakfast of tomatoes with eggs, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Tomatoes - Since you will be filling the tomatoes, you will need medium-sized or large firm tomatoes. Roma tomatoes are possible but difficult to put down because they have a pointed bottom. Plum tomatoes or beef tomatoes are even better.
- Eggs - For the filling. Use three eggs size L or four eggs size M.
- Parmesan cheese - A delicious salty cheese from the Italian kitchen, which melts wonderfully in the oven and gives the tomato and egg an excellent taste.
- Italian herbs - This spice mix with parsley, oregano, chives, and basil gives a delicious taste to these stuffed tomatoes with egg.
How to prepare Egg and Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Wash and cut the tops of the tomatoes. Remove the flesh from the tomato with a spoon. You will no longer use the filing.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese at the bottom of the tomato.
- Fill the tomato with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs. Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 390 °F (200 °C).
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- A conventional oven is used. When using a convection oven (with air fan) decrease the temperature with 30 °F / 20 °C
- oven dish
- 4 tomatoes medium-sized or large
- 3 eggs size L
- ½ cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 390 °F or 350 °F
- Slice the top off the tomatoes and remove the tomato seeds with a spoon. Be careful you don't want to damage the bottom.4 tomatoes
- Break the eggs into a bowl and mix them.3 eggs
- Slice the Parmesan. Spread half of the Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the tomatoes.½ cups Parmesan cheese
- Pour the eggs into the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and herbs on the eggs.1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Pre-fill the tomato in the morning, place it in a baking dish, and cover. That way, you only have to slide them into the oven later.