A delicious healthy breakfast, this tomato stuffed with egg, herbs and parmesan. Bake in the oven and enjoy!
It is Sunday and today I share with you a delicious breakfast, ideal for Sunday mornings. These super tasty tomatoes are stuffed with egg, grated Parmesan and a delicious seasoning. 30 minutes in the oven and while it all starts to smell good, you set the table.
The tomatoes are best served on a small plate with knife and fork. And I've got another tip: make sure you put the tomatoes standing up. That sounds very logical, but the tomatoes have a slight round bottom, so risk of falling is there. A little slice off the bottom, makes it steady but isn't possible because then your egg would drip out of the tomato. So I tucked the tomatoes between balls of aluminum foil. That went fine.
Tomatoes stuffed with eggs, herbs and Parmesan cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- 3 eggs size L
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes.
- Scoop the tomato with a spoon.
- Break the eggs over a bowl and mix them.
- Slice the Parmesan. Spread half of the Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the tomatoes.
- Pour the eggs in the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and herbs on the eggs.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.