No Valentine's Day romantic breakfast (in bed) is complete without a heart-shaped Valentine's egg-in-a-hole, and this easy recipe is perfect for that romantic morning meal. With only a few simple ingredients and quick preparation time, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast surprise with your special someone.
Valentine's Day, maybe you don't want to pass it by, but you also don't want to throw expensive gifts. That is not necessary at all. Because isn't it much more important that you show that you've thought about your Valentine on this day?
I called this recipe egg-in a hole, but you can also see it as eggs-in-a-basket or toads-in-a-whole. With a cutter, you can easily make a heart shape in the bread, in which you can break the egg. Nice and easy Valentine's breakfast or brunch.
And for this delicious recipe, you only need three ingredients: bread, butter, and egg. And some attention and a game of love. That will definitely work out!
And if you want even more delicious recipes, check out this page with delicious Valentine's recipes! These waffles with raspberries and mascarpone, pancakes with strawberry jam, and Valentine's hearts cookies are all easy and delicious.
What do you need for a Heart-Shaped Egg-in-a-Hole?
To prepare this Valentine's Egg-in-a-Hole, you require the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Bread - This is white bread because it is so deliciously luxurious. But you can use any bread that you like best.
- Egg - Size S. Use it beaten or add it with a whole yolk.
- Butter - Unsalted butter for best results.
How to prepare this Quick and Easy Valentine's Breakfast Idea
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Take your slice of bread and press out the shape with a heart-shaped cutter. Keep both.
- Melt butter in the pan and put the bread and the piece you took out.
- Break the egg into the cavity. Leave the yolk whole, or stir with a skewer until blended.
- Bake for 4 minutes on medium heat, then turn the bread over. Then fry for another 4 minutes. Serve right away!
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Use white bread, cornbread, brown, or whole wheat bread. This recipe is also suitable for gluten-free bread.
- Always make sure you use enough butter so that the bread toasts nicely.
- Add extras for your egg that you like: bacon, avocado, fried onion, or salsa.
- You can also cut out a heart with a sharp knife if you don't have a cutter!
- And this recipe isn't just fun for Valentine's Day. But also for Mother's Day (TIP).
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Watch How to Make It
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg size S
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.1 teaspoon butter
- Cut a heart out of the slice of bread with a heart cookie cutter.1 slice bread
- Place the piece of bread in the center of the pan and break the egg into the hole.1 egg
- Place the cut-out shape next to it.
- Fry for 3 minutes on one side (until the egg is set), then flip. Also, turn the heart.
- Fry for 4 minutes on both sides and remove from the pan. Place on a plate.
- Serve immediately.