Do you also get hungry when you think of a Greek buffet. With these nine recipes and time table, it can not fail!
As promised, today's the wrap-up of the Greek buffet: 9 recipes with timing, which you will give a stress-free buffet and everything is finished on time. Does that not sound delicious?
It's a good taste!
Greek buffet 9 recipes and
- Chicken souvlaki
- Cucumber dill yogurt salad
- Greek marinated olives
- Salad skewers
- Kolokithopita - Greek zucchini quiche
- serve the buffet with rice
Up to 2 weeks in advance:
- Kolokithopita: Make the quiche and bake for 15 minutes. Let the quiche cool down to room temperature and wrap in plastic. Store the quiches in the freezer.
One week in advance:
- Greek yogurt ice cream with honey and walnuts: make the ice one week in advance and store in the freezer until use.
1 day before:
- Greek yogurt ice cream with honey and walnuts: caramelise the walnuts and keep them in a sealed, airtight container.
- Moussaka: Prepare the tomato sauce and béchamel and put everything into the baking dish. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Baklava: Prepare the baklava 1 day in advance.
- Greek marinated olives: Make the olives, let it cool slightly and screw the lid on. Store at room temperature.
In the morning:
- Ouzo with lemon: Put the ouzo in the refrigerator
- Ouzo with lemon: squeeze the lemons
- Ouzo with lemon: Cut the herbs from the garden and wrap them in a damp paper towel. Cover that with a plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Chicken Souvlaki: Make the marinade, cover and store at room temperature.
- Chicken Souvlaki: Cut the chicken into cubes and store covered in the refrigerator.
- Cucumber dill yogurt salad: Make the salad in the morning. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until the buffet starts.
- Greek salad skewers: Make the finished skewers with olives, tomato and cucumber and put them together. Save a damp tea towel and store in the refrigerator.
1 hour before the buffet:
- Moussaka: Bake the moussaka in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius
30 minutes for the buffet:
- Kolokithopita: Bake the quiches 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.The quiches do not need to be defrosted beforehand.
- Bake the pita breads until done
15 minutes for the buffet:
- Souvlaki: Preheat the grill and cook souvlaki
- Cook the rice
- Salad skewers: Add the feta cheese
- Salad skewers: Place the skewers on a plate
- Souvlaki: Place the tzatziki, ice berg lettuce and pitas at the buffet. Add a lovely dish to serve the souvlaki after baking. Put a bread knife to cut open the bread
- Cucumber dill yogurt salad: Put the cucumber salad on the table
- Greek marinated olives: Put the dishes of olives on the buffet and add some skewers for serving.
- Kolokithopita and moussaka: Put coasters ready for you to put the quiche (s) and the moussaka dish.
Put a beautiful dish ready for the rice.